What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warning nepenthes get stolen from the wild in VietNam.

Went I get up this morning I see a guy sold some nepenthes mirabilis went I read he said that he take it from Binh Dinh ( Binh Dinh location ) right now he are sold those nepenthes to viet nam grower in here.
This is what he said in english I have translate.

bán gốc cây nắp ấm N. Ventrata lấy từ rừng về
--> sold foot of nepenthes ventrata ( this guy don't know that species is mirabilis :-)) ) from the wild.

Vừa đi Bình Định về mang vào một số gốc nắp ấp lớn, gốc to.Đã trồng một ít thử nghiệm. Chia lại cho anh em trồng cho vui!
--> I just went to Binh Dinh and take some nepenthes with large foot with large pitcher.
I have grow them and I want to sold some for other.

Giá xê dich từ 40-100k/ gốc ( có chậu + 20k ) tùy vào hình dạng và kích thước gốc.
--> Price ramdom from 2$ to 5$ ( some pot with 1$ ) counting by foot large.

They are taking a thousan of nepenthes from the wild to sold ! What do you guy think about this !

There is another grower on this forum by the name of phoenixvoz or something that has admitted to removing hundreds of neps from the forest by his house, he calls them N. thorelii which I'm sure they are really a form of mirabilis or maybe n. Bokorensis, I have no idea about the distribution range of bokorensis...but he's taken hundreds of plants, he says he propogates them and places them back in the wild. I highly doubt it.

Hi,
What he said is a lie he buy from my friend my friend sold a lot of thorelli his house in in Ho Chi Minh city, there is no such thing like save nepenthes in the wild in viet nam, no protect nepenthes out of the finder . Too much people try to find nepenthes in the wild to sold for grower that why nepenthes have disippere a lot of area in viet nam.

Ah i see,
Even then....i dont see why he would claim he wild collects, it makes growers rather frustrated.....
i know i grilled him hard when i heard about it, but since its not illegal there i cant really say too much other than morals :|

Back