What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Up close and personal with drosera dew

3727390488_5e9c437b91_o.jpg

3727442454_72baf1e4d4_o.jpg

3736137597_6a307515c0_o.jpg

3737006472_ce85297e40_o.jpg

wow those pics are amazing

Yes, that's really close!
Incredible photos, Larry!!! You should do this more often!

I love these. A year ago, before I'd heard of sundews, I'd have thought these were made up martian plants. Sure are purdy.

Wow!!!! What camera are you using, larry?! Those are incredible!

larry,
great pics! what lens did you use for these pics?

What Drosera is that?

Oh, nice pictures, too.

Wow, those are just great! I can't stop looking at that second one :)

Now here is your next mission, should you chose to accept it!
Get up close like that, remove the dew... and do a time lapse of the dew formation, I would love to see that!! Great work.
Andrew

Larry,

Remarkable pictures!

Ken

You are NOT a very good teacher. I tried your methods and my pictures do NOT turn out like this! I mean I try every day!

These are amazing. Tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have a Canon Rebel XTi and I'm using a 1:14 f=55 mm.

Is it me or can you see the cells in that last picture.

amazing ! Thank for sharing !

beautiful! Thanks so much! :)

I'm using a Canon 40D, but that really doesn't matter. What's more important is the lens, the mp-e 65. I think I'll add extension tubes to this lens for even crazier magnification!:0o:

First 2 pics are pygmies, 3rd is regular capensis, 4th is capensis alba. I'll post up more pics soon, glad you all like them.

wow! really cool pics! if you get any closer they eat you!;-) thanx for posting!

Back