What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On Edge Again. Having a bad day. Please no bashing at me. Only need friendly words.

Hi Obregon, I agree with you. About hitting them in the lower body first, That depends how many people are in the group at the time. If there is only two, then yes, I'll go for the Thighs first, then up. But if there is like 3 or more I'll have to go for something a bit more harsh on my first shot. Dont want one of them shooting back at me while I'm concentrating on another target.
My cat is afraid of dogs. Funny thing is she seems to be afraid of like everything. Accept me. I always have my Shotty next to me and a pistol as back up.

I feel like Clint Eastwood in his newer movie Gran Torino dealing with street punks

shoot to wound is VERY bad policy, either the threat is great enough to kill and you pull the gun or it isnt, no middle ground.......legally speaking, shooting with intention to wound could get yah in much bigger trouble than killing them....aim for center mass, aim to kill or dont bother pulling the trigger.......a shot to the thigh is just as likely to kill as a shot to center mass....hit the femoral artery and they will be dead in short order anyway, you can bleed out in a minute......all plans go out the window after that first shot......it gets real when bullets start flying and NOTHING goes according to some plan yah got in your head.....

repeat after me "i was in fear of my life and i kept shooting until i was no longer in harms way."

What I'm trying to say rattler, Is that not everyone wants to take a life if it's not necessary. I dont want to use lethal force if it is not necessary. If I wound them if I have to, They'll live to think twice before doing again what they just did.

It's called me giving them a second chance.

its called you going to jail.......a jury is alot more sympathetic to you killing someone because you were in trouble.....hell of alot easier for a lawyer to paint you as a psychotic gun wielding monster when they parade the "victims" all bandaged up in front of the jury with their poor me story regardless of what the facts are.....either you shoot to kill or dont pull the trigger.....juries dont like to hear "i was only trying to scare them, i didnt mean to kill them".....a shot to the leg that severs the femoral artery is just as deadly as a shot to center mass that hits a different major artery.......without attention damn quick your dead either way......shooting someone in the leg aint all than much safer.....

if your worried bout giving them a second chance dont bother carrying the gun.....

All I'm trying to say is that a message needs to be sent to these criminals since the detectives wont send them the message for me. I aint trying to go to jail. I just want to live in my house in peace. Not having to wake up to gun fire.
I'm not some psycho. Wanting to live in peace doesn't make me a psycho. I'm just some person willing to go the extra mile to be able to live.

yah know im just giving yah some free legal advise..........i

ts pretty basic.....dont point a loaded gun at anything you aint willing to destroy.......dont pull a gun on a person if you aint willing to pull the trigger....

and i never said you were a psycho.....just saying what the jury is going to hear from the lawyers of the crooks or their family......if they arent a serious threat to you at that moment DO NOT PULL A GUN! it will land you in more legal hot water than you can imagine.....and telling the cops yah didnt mean to kill them after pulling the trigger, that yah only ment to hurt and scare them will land you in jail because you have admitted they werent a threat to your life.....

push comes to shove im a bigger gun nut than you, have had more firearms pass through my hands than most city slickers can imagine......everything from military style guns to 110 year old hunting rifles, i do not think it odd or even unnessisary for you to have a Tommy Gun, hell i would love to pay for the rounds to have you let me shoot it....ive never shot one......i have carried a firearm to protect myself, granted it was mainly for protection from 4 legged varmints and not two but pulling the trigger on a griz can get yah in a world of hurt legally aswell....not to mention shooting them around the edges tends to just piss them off and make the problem worse......

when i said make sure they dont get in, i meant like come in to apologize or something(which some crminials will try.)

I cant say your a bigger gun nut than me. When I was working a night job, every pay check I got I saved most of it up for a gun. I always bought guns, and lots of them. I also buy lots of nice knives.
I know your not trying to attack me here. Your just giving me friendly advice, because you dont want to see me throw my life away for some pathetic losers. But I have to say that I really dont think your a bigger gun nut than me. I am mostly into guns.One of my old guns that was stolen was a Tommy with a 30rd stick mag. That one wasn't designed to hold drums like my newer one that I currently own. I am obsessed with guns, plants, military, ect...
If I had more money, I would have my auto weapons class 3 license. I so want one of those bad. I want an old German STG-44 and MP-40. Some old WW2 guns. I also want to get a Browning BAR American machine gun so bad. I guess you can say that I am like a Texan and there guns.
I want to make a trip to Knob creek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8o4rY9nRz0 Knob creek. In here you'll see a Browning 1919 30cal machine gun

cool yah like those types, i dont have much use for a Class III rifle, they are to expensive to feed.....though i would like a couple silencers for some varmint rifles....my tastes are a lil more broad....yah want to know what a gun loony really is......when yah have all the gun shops and pawn shops from a 200 mile radius that not only know you when yah walk in the door to their establishment but are calling yah when something "interesting" comes through the door because they know your tastes and yah have locals dropping buy to off load a gun cheap cause they have bills to pay :D

Leave out a plate of laxative brownies.

(Just trying to cheer you up)

Hi rattler, My local gun shop called me when they got in my tommy that I currently own. They do know my name when I walk in. I'm familiar with all the workers there. They know that I'm more of a Military gun collector. I like more of the "assault rifle" type guns. and heavy machine guns. I drool when ever I go to gun shows. Its like a kid in a candy shop whenever I go to one.
I also want to get a Mp5 some day. I am also familiar with the LWRC brand guns. Probably the best on the market. With an LWRC you can drop it in water, sand, mud,ect,, and it will still fire for you. It is also designed after the body of the M4 carbine so that way the troops dont have to get used to another "body style" of gun. They can use it and be instantly comfortable with it.

Some LWRC links. I'm so getting one of these. For real. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-faxJHLZN7g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDLP4DB3pMU&feature=related more of LWRC SABR

Leave out a plate of laxative brownies.

Awesome! I just hope that i dont go to his house for some reason the next day and eat one...:0o:

wouldnt mind an AR15 for varmints......coyotes in the juniper can be fast and furious......also kinda like the FN-FAL's....

ive got my Kimber 84M in 260 thats my fly weight do everything from 'yotes to elk hunting rifle....got a Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70 for sorting out stuff in the brush...a Ruger 10/22 and Savage 10 in 223 for ground squirrels to yotes....home defense i prefer a short barreled 12 gauge with bird shot.....at 20 feet you wont know the difference between it and buck and it wont penetrate the two layers of drywall on the other side of the room very well, next thing im gona pick up is a 1911....but as far as what im really interested in, give me late 1880's to WWII British and Continental hunting rifles.....Lee Speeds, Cape guns, drillings, light medium and heavy doubles, Mausers ect....things with history.....

Ah, go with Ed Brown, he makes some awesome guns. I like his 1911's.

likely to start with a beater and then from there decide just what i want and leave the beater for a truck gun.....maybe one of the Rock Island's floating around or lower end Springfields, may need a lil work but its pretty easy to do.....Kimber has a good rep for non custom 1911's though they run a lil more and i wouldnt mind one of their original Eclipses, that was a down right beautiful gun.....the current Eclipse II a lil less so...

I need to get an Ed brown someday. I dont really like The Berretta M9 9mm that I have. Its a good gun but needs to be alot more accurate. I probably need a new barrel for her.

never been a fan of the 9mm.......better than nothing but ill take a 40 or 45 :D

had a Ruger MkII 22 rimfire that was scary accurate.....like nail popcans at near 100 yards accurate......still kicking myself for selling that one to someone who offered me more than book value....

So, options:
1. Neighborhood action (crime watch, petitions)

2. The media

3. The law (restraining orders, law suits)

4. Shoot 'em dead

5. Don't shoot them dead and wind up in more trouble than 4

6. laxative cookies (2nd degree assault with intent I believe, but I like it in theory)

7. My submission is take down the dummy camera so they feel your system is compromised, wait as long as it takes with a few real friends and baseball bats. Wait in the bushes and ambush them. Bats to anything below the head won't kill. If it does you should be in the game, not the service. Perhaps a motion sensor could surprise illuminate for the cameras as well.

Have you noticed, on or off camera, any cars casing the joint?

If you can't secure them, you don't need anymore guns till this is solved.

One other thought, a lot of courts will reduce charges for enlisting.

I've been no help I'm sure but wish I could help if I lived close enough.
You want to be a warrior, the fight's at your step. I hope for your triumph and kinda hope one or more of them gets crippled!

Oh, remember; Friends help you move, real friends help you move the bodies!

by Just Jack-Oh, remember; Friends help you move, real friends help you move the bodies!

LOL!!!! There's a new way to obtain my Nepenthes Plant food. Just kidding.

I love my 44magnum way better than my 9mm

Back