What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a reminder

• Thread starter USMCSKI
  • Start date
Lookie what I ran into while cleaning out the garage.

DSCN1782.jpg

She's beautiful!! Widows make great captive pets. We get some really huge ones out here.

Cool! I've seen a few here as well. we had to use golf clubs to move them. as beautiful as those things are upclose, I'd rather keep my distance...

Ugh, those nasty things are like a plague here. I can't blink without seeing one. So far I've only come across small ones in the house, but outside and in the garage there are big mommas everywhere. And my snoopy puppy likes to stick his nose where it doesn't belong, so I do my best to get rid of em.

I actually like spiders, but not the ones that are poisonous to people. We have tons of jumper spiders here also, and those I'm fine with. But not those nasty widows.

The Black Widows around my house are brown with the red hourglass. It's weird because I expect them to be shiny black.

Then they're not black widows... I've seen one of those, though. I believe they're related.

We have lots of them under the landscape rocks.

The Black Widows around my house are brown with the red hourglass. It's weird because I expect them to be shiny black.

(southern?) brown widow =] ive seen more browns than blacks in florida and alabama. and only blacks up here in kentucky. ive kept them as pets in the past before. they really are some incredibly beautiful spiders though. their contrast is just awesome.

Alex

Yep brown widows, we had em in florida everywhere LOL
they arent near as poisonous as black widows (ive been bitten by both)
oddly my dad and i have some weird immunity to spider venom
ive been bitten twice by brown recluse spiders in florida, and had very little in the way of skin rotting off, i took the spiders to be verified and everything for the doctor visits, they were quite surprised that i had barely even as much as a dime sized mark after a week or so from the bite...
widows have never caused me more than a red irritated spot with a tiny brown mushy scab of rotted skin, about the size of a BB.

Black Widows give me the Hibbie Jibbies. I'm quite certain that if I ever saw one in person I would crap myself.

xvart.

Yep brown widows, we had em in florida everywhere LOL
they arent near as poisonous as black widows (ive been bitten by both)
oddly my dad and i have some weird immunity to spider venom
ive been bitten twice by brown recluse spiders in florida, and had very little in the way of skin rotting off, i took the spiders to be verified and everything for the doctor visits, they were quite surprised that i had barely even as much as a dime sized mark after a week or so from the bite...
widows have never caused me more than a red irritated spot with a tiny brown mushy scab of rotted skin, about the size of a BB.

Hey Kris, did you gain any extra abilities after you were bitten by the spiders?

No, he just hangs out in his web with his mummified friends as usual. :)
Why doesn't spiderman have venom and eat people?
SirKristoff, um sir, you might wanna check out spider venom research and sell them some of your blood!

Spiders give me ****** chills.

Back