What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know the Difference Between these Two hybrids? Any info will help.

Hello everyone. I need some help here. I know that there are 2 forms of Nepenthes spectabilis x aristolochioides. One from Geoff and Andrea Mansell and the Other from Robert Cantley. But what I am Curious to know besides there Vendor Origination, What's the "genetic" Difference? Is there a different Spectabilis used in the Geoff and Andrea cross versus the Robert Cantley cross.
I've seen pics of both crosses from each places and like the Geoff and Andrea cross better. But then again, I think to my self, was I just looking at a more mature plant from Geoff and Andrea?
Does anyone have any pics they can post of there Nepenthes spectabilis x aristolochioides from either places? I would love to see your Nepenthes spectabilis x aristolochioides. I'm considering on getting the Geoff and Andrea cross because I like its shape and coloring better, But want to make sure about there differences, because if there both the exact same, I'll just go with a medium TC plant versus purchasing an expensive rooted cutting.

Heres mine from Rob cantely BE

DSC01903.jpg

Theres a whole thread dedicated to the cross here http://www.terraforums.com/forums/s...highlight=spectabilis+aristolochioides&page=5

That's a very nice one Carn12. I especially love the coloring and development of the pitcher at a young age.

Interesting, I didn't know there were two forms of spectabilis x aristo. The place I got mine from doesn't say.

looks like a mature one to me.

Back