What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP encyclopedia?

Chomp

Oops
I was wondering if there is such a thing as a free online carnivorous plant encyclopedia, because that, would be cool. :-O

Not to my knowledge, but that would be nice.

sigh...
but i do think i know how to make one!...

sigh...
but i do think i know how to make one!...

while it seems like it would be simple enough, and it might be, there are over 600 species of cps, not to mention a gazillion hybrids. that would be a huge undertaking, and would take a long time. not trying to say you can't, but to do it correctly, it would take a lot of time and effort. that is probaly why there isn't one.

while it seems like it would be simple enough, and it might be, there are over 600 species of cps, not to mention a gazillion hybrids. that would be a huge undertaking, and would take a long time. not trying to say you can't, but to do it correctly, it would take a lot of time and effort. that is probaly why there isn't one.

And not to mention that the taxonomy of many plants are still hotly debated. The best thing I've found for a CP encyclopedia is the carnivorous plant photofinder.

Jason

And don't forget Wikipedia, it not perfect or complete by any means but it does have info on a lot of species especially Nepenthes.

-Jeremiah-

wow! thanx guys.

Back