What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm going to design a t-shirt, I need some help with something

Hey all, I've been wanting to get some t-shirts made with pics of CPs on them. I want the picture on the back and a saying on the front. I am going to put my digital pictures on a disk and take them to the t-shirt place, and I'm hoping they can blow them up bigger to fill the whole shirt and take just the plant and not the background. What I have in mind is something like an upclose of a sundew on a black t-shirt. Doesnt' that sound cool?

Anyway, I need help coming up with sayings to go on the shirts. Should I do something boring like just put the plant name on the front, or a saying like "I eat meat"? I'm asking for help here, everyone submit a saying that I could use. I will want more than one because I would like a different saying for different plants. Chime in with your ideas please!

I will be selling these t-shirts at my booth at the Farmer's Market where I also sell my plants. If anyone has a good CP pic that they would like me to consider using on a t-shirt, I would appreciate the opportunity to use your pic. I have some pretty good ones myself, but I would like to see some more. If I use your pic I will send you a free shirt. Thanks!
Kristi

I'd recommend not expecting the T-shirt company to do anything other than put exactly what you give them on the T-shirt. blowing up size may be the only thing they can do, and it may cost you resolution.

If you dont have the capabilities of seperating out your design from the background and setting up your text and everything, I'd recommend maybe posting the photo for us TF'ers who do have Photoshop and some PS skills to go with it. to maybe lend you a helping hand ( since we're such a nice community and all :) )

okay, thats a good idea. I didn't know if the t-shirt show could do it or not, i was going to sit with down with them and talk about it.

how about some ideas for sayings to go on the front of the shirts? Come on, I know you guys are more imaginative than I am. :)

I have Photoshop and know how to use it! ;)

Ummm... :

fail%231.jpg

Join the Sarr side (insert pic of dark coloured sarr)

Hey little fly i'mma gobble you up!

Feed me

Some sundewwrapped around its pray "grasp of doom"

i need something that will go with a nep.

Its not easy being Labeled a murderer (insert pick of savage looking nep e.g. hamata, bical etc.)

low%231.jpg

Caption: "Nature's Living Toilet"

;)

lol, but would you want to wear that on your shirt? It's not easy being labeled a murderer, and nature's living toilet? Would you personally wear that?

sure the phrases areabout your plants not you!

Yeah! :p

But if you're really looking for something suitable, why don't you pitch in yourself? You know what you're looking for.

The ones I have come up with are
I eat Meat
Feed Me
I eat Bugs
An insect's worst nightmare

No offense, but those seem a bit cliché.

Here's the phrase:

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

:D

The shirt place may do the design work for you but they'll charge you, unless they're really hurting for work, if you can find someone willing to do it for you will save you probably at least $50.

Definitely contact the printers BEFORE you setup your files. They may have specific requirements for file submission and most companies will have template guidelines to give you in any case so that your images match their screens.

cliches become cliches for a reason

okay, here's some more

What's for lunch? (pic of an open fly trap)

Flies! It's what's for dinner! (pic of a fly caught in a trap)

I like big bugs and I cannot lie,
You other plants can't deny

For sundew:
That's a sticky situation.

yeah, i like that one.

After seeing some of the pics from people showing off their plants, I don't think my pics are good enough. Some of you have quite a knack with your camera.

Back