What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do things go when they're lost?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
I've always imagined some big clearing house somewhere of misplaced, lost and forgotten items whenever I can't find something.

Currently I've gone through the house and garage looking for my pasta machine so I can get back into sculpting some fantasy/sci-fi figures again. I have all my other sculpting & painting tools but not my pasta roller... didn't really wanna buy another one. :censor:

What's the last thing you lost or misplaced and where was it when you finally found it - if you found it?

One thing I've lost, and am at a loss as to where I lost it is my camera's battery charger... Well, my DAD's camera charger... I assume i went on vacation, and left it plugged in the wall at the little bed and breakfast we went to, 500 miles away... I've been at a loss when it came to forraging through my place, and to be honest, it has to be there, I've turned my house upside down to find it. I need to update my pics!!! :D
Aside from that, I used to lose my keys a lot, until I got a car.

Lost an insulated thermos bottle. Was sure it got kicked under my bed/roll-out couch. No luck, just some stupid pasta roller. Which is strange because I KNOW I don't own one and I never...O..M...G...if you happen to have a thermos somewhere in with your sculpting supplies I think my new theory of "Lost Item Location Transference" may have some validity...and then I'll need your address to send your pasta roller and can I get my thermos from you before next weekend?

step one: collect underpants, step 2.... step 3: PROFIT!!!

cant find my copy of Barry Rice's book..........no one i woulda lent it to.....not really anyplace it could have disappeared to.....been atleast 18 months since i seen it last...........

also missing a few cut and uncut gemstones and an ivory figurine.......they have been AWOL for about a year.....

rattler - your into gemstones? i should have you talk to my mother, shes a graduate gemologist and is working on getting her degree in diamond grading and other things lol she wants me to become a stone cutter for her x-X

some very nice sapphires come out of Montana.....they just dont tend to be very big......though im in the newspaper business what college i have is in geology, specifically was going to go into the exploration parts......gemstones fall into that.....as does the search for precious metals and oil.....always been into rocks....as is my wife....

Hmm, I lost a motorcycle that I had when I was 5. I just found it today.

That's what this thermos is doing here! I knew I didn't own one... :D

I emptied my pantry and opened every box in my garage late last night. Even opened the stacks of boxes marked "Metal Ts" which I knew were only my collection of old band tee shirts - but I looked anyway. I'm surely the Imelda Marcos of heavy metal tee shirts.

Now I'm just sitting here (in my old Asphyx tee shirt) waiting for the craft shop to open so I can buy an new pasta roller - which will ensure I find the old one!

But how come they come back when you go and buy a replacement? ???

I re-bought a book of WB cartoon character turn-around model sheets once because I couldn't find my copy anywhere.
Of course it was the first thing I spotted when I came home with the replacement! :censor:

Or you find it accidentally when you stop looking for it. It's really like some sort of phenomena or something.

Back