What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alcohol kills duckweed?

• Thread starter Chomp
  • Start date
  • Tags
    pond

Chomp

Oops
I was expanding the pond in the terra today, and I found that almost all of the duckweed had died out. The other plant in the pond (It has A name that I can never remember, but it lives just like duckweed) was starting to turn blackish, and some of it had sunk to the bottom of the pond. I thought that it might be because I was spraying the terra with alcohol to kill the mites that had gotten in, (It has been working quit well, I'm seeing almost no mites!) and I thought that the alcohol that went into the pond could have started to kill the plants in it.
Please help me out here!Thanx!

Chomp

I'm not entirely sure, but duckweed is a weed, just throw out the dead stuff, rinse with water, and get more of the weed.

The alcohol probably did its damage by direct contact when sprayed because, unless you sprayed a lot, the alchohol content in the pond water should have been pretty low.

I'll probably have to clean the water and get some new duckweed later.
Thanx for the help guys.

Back