What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NECPS Cookout with Stewart McPherson & Jeremiah Harris

Hi all,

The NECPS event with Stewart & Jeremiah Harris was a smash!

The weather cooperated nicely and we visted two local CP bogs.

Attendance was high, with over 60 members participating. Stewart signed and sold plenty of books and gave a remarkable presentation on newly described Nepenthes species and Heliamphora. Jeremiah was also warmly received and shared his incredible knowledge of Nepenthes with many of the NECPS members.

In the end, members walked away with their hands full of plants, bellies full of food, cameras full of pictures, and minds full of nice memories and new factoids on carnivorous plants!

Jeremiah took most of the pictures and promised to send them to me to post on our webpage and on the forums. I'll share them with everyone as soon as I get them.

It was a blast!....and our show coming up in a few weeks will be just as nice!

Ken

jealousy is the only word that comes to mind

jealousy is the only word that comes to mind

Yep! You said it. I met Stewart at the CCPS meeting on the 28th, but we didn't do the bog trips. That's the frosting on the cake!

Yes! It was amazing. At first I was aware that there was someone named Stewart there and someone named Jerimiah, but I thought no, it can't be that Stewart and that Jerimiah, but it was! I broke down and purchased glistening carnivores, which was worth every penny, hands down the best assessments of the sticky leaved genera I've ever read. The pictures are beautiful as well.
I can't wait for the show either. I'm staying for both days this year I think, so double the fun! And this year I have a real camera, and I can check out in person some of the things Stewart wrote about in his book (I want to test if drosophyllum dew drops will really come off completely on your finger). And of course, all the great people there and the silent auction... good times.

Good times it was for sure... even made the ferry back and that was a close-call!

Back