What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am angry with mod's whom discriminate!

Someone needs to see the bigger picture...

I am highly disappointed, my post is deleted for indicating a major issue and flaw on this site... Against Newbe's ...

Someone has thought about this :censor: at all...

Noddy

You need to chill out Noddy, Andy set those rules for a reason.
Even then you cannot receive plants from the United States without various permits from both the sending and receiving parties
your best bet is to go over to cpuk and ask around there where other UK growers mainly chat.

Noddy- I already Pmd you about why the post was removed (requesting to purchase in the trade forum) When you joined the forum you were informed of the rules and you agreed to those rules in order to become a member. End of story.

I've already told you where to go to have better luck on finding the plant anyway. ???

Yes Noddy, its good to be acquinted with people from YOUR community, where its easier to get what you desire. International tradin and shipping is very complicated, and every forum has rules and such.

No need to get upset, rules are rules. I'm sure that they aren't 'descriminating', they are just doing their jobs, and that job is to look for stuff that doesn't comply with the rules.

Now if you have a problem, we can't really do anything, if you really feel descriminated (which I think you're not) you should discuss this matter with the administrator adnedarn.

Noddy regarding that last post, i started as a noob here, this was where i first joined...but do to the generosity of many members on this forum, i quickly obtained some nice plants, and if you establish the right ties with people and friendships you would learn that generosity and kindness is very key in this hobby...as you stand now you are setting a bad example of yourself to other growers who might have otherwise considered sending you seeds or plants.

Yah, I metioned going to CPUK to try and find the plant... Being able to purchase, and find people that could send it to you legally (as mentioned above.

and carnivoure12... it is me he's talking about ;)

Andrew

It still discriminates against NEWBE's may be there is some in the UK true..

However you can't trade if you have nothing... Considering I have paid more than most of you would to obtain a plant, but that's not the point... the point I am making is very simple the TRADE IDEA ONLY WORKS FOR THE RICH IN PLANTS, & DOES NOT REALLY HELP THOSE WANT TO LEARN...

I AM POINTING AT YOU AND TELLING YOU THAT YOU TRADE POST AREA DOES NOT HELP NEWBE'S

SINCE I AM COLLECTING EXOTIC'S I SEE NO REASON TO TRADE HERE BASED ON HOW I HAVE BEEN TREATED NOW!

excuse me paid more than most of us?
how much do you think we have paid for half of our plants in this hobby

Noddy- many newbies have traded here... From games to shoes to normal household plants.... you name it, it's been offered!

You must understand it is not discriminatory, but rather, AGAINST THE LAW for anyone here in the USA to ship you plants and or seeds without the correct documentation and it is illegal in the same way for you to trade me something from outside the USA without having all the paperwork. It's not the hobbyists fault, the governments of the world have set up these rules in something called Customs which inspects packages at the international mail ports. The customs people are the law when it comes to shipping, everything has to be on the "up and up". Many hobbyists don't have the time/money to devote to the necessary permits and paperwork required for international trade in plant material.

If/When a package containing live plants is confiscated at customs without proper documentation the person receiving it can be fined a lot of money if the paper work is not correct, missing or the package is labeled incorrectly to hide the actual contents. One guy here received two Nepenthes shipped/packaged improperly and it cost him $10,000 in fines - no kidding. It's quite nice the mods are looking out for everyone so nobody else gets saddled with that sort of thing, instead of screaming you should be thankful for their help and suggestions on obtaining the plants you desire.

Sigh...this thread is because you violated the rules, right? And since you're a newbie, you think that excuses it? Well it doesn't, and I would suggest giving an apology to Andrew for this, and taking back what you've said.

First of all, the rules do not discriminate against newbies, they are for everyone. If everyone was allowed to post 'want to buy' this and 'want to sell' this, how do you think this forum would still exist?! No one would buy from Flytrapshop.com and support it.

Secondly, why make this public? If you have a problem, talk to the Mods.

I guess since this is public and I've left the topic open (for now) I should give a brief of what the problem is...

Noddy posted a want to buy topic, I deleted it and PMd him about the rules and gave suggestions on how to obtain the plant correctly (somewhere that allows it and in a legal manner since he is in the UK) and here we are.

Andrew

100% agreed Swords. I dont think nobody here wants to end up paying $10,000 usd to ship someone a plant like a Ventricosa, lol. Especially in this economy. That would be 1 expensive Ventricosa.I thank the Mods and Admin who are looking out for us.
Laws are Laws. So deal with it. Be a Man. Its only a Plant. Its not like its Life saving Medicine. Not trying to offend you buddy. But seriously. Take every ones Advice and Chill out man. Were all wise here and don't want to get into trouble for something as simple as a plant.

one Nep-loving member a few years back found the full extent of the law out the hard way, but I can't recall their handle. It cost dearly, for the plants were paid for, then confiscated and destroyed leaving a massive fine in their wake

Noddy, must we stress that it is illegal to send overseas? And also, for trading, you do not have to be rich in plants. You can trade just about anything, but one thing you can do is buy a plant to trade later(make sure it is in good condition). I was trying to get quantites of ten sarracenias before winter, but now it's not going to happen because it's too late in the season.. You can trade for plants of equal value WHERE IT IS LEGAL. you can also buy from some websites.

one Nep-loving member a few years back found the full extent of the law out the hard way, but I can't recall their handle. It cost dearly, for the plants were paid for, then confiscated and destroyed leaving a massive fine in their wake

he is still a participating member here, he may chime in when he sees this......

as for the original post, complaining that yah got nailed for breaking the rules is pretty childish.....

bout it not being fair because you dont have plants to trade....as someone has pointed out nothing says it has to be a CP for CP trade.....ive traded everything from rocks to books to various other things for plants....orchids for cp's.....cp's for orchids....

ive traded everything from rocks to books to various other things for plants....orchids for cp's.....cp's for orchids....
i'll have to trade books sometime, i have so many.
Noddy, please have no hard feelings, we like you, but we can't ship to you

... and that *&^% administrator discriminates against everyone equally, which kind of sucks because it ends up not being discrimination at all. He's a sly one, I tell you.

threadpollutionum8.jpg

Cool pic TYD :) Very appropriate indeed

Back