What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Star Wars geeks out there?(Art thread)

Well, i was bored last night so i decided to see if i could still draw from memory
basically i look at an image for a few minutes and get it good and fixed into my head
then draw Lol
Boba and Jango were not in the same image, so it added a bit more to the fun of it
basically combining two images into one, and sizing them properly...its not the greatest drawing ive done but its still one of my favs, but does have some work still left on it
final detail and what not
i dont think i will color this one. but i thought i would share with you guys
sorry for the lousy photo quality, ill try and get my scanner up and running. this is just a cellphone shot.

bobajango.jpg

Very nice! My son is a big star wars fanatic right now. I'll have to show him this when he gets home from school

5 stars man. i can even tell which ones which without the names. well done

I was a fan when I was a kid, The Empire Strikes Back was my fave. I must've seen it in the theaters at least 10 times!

Nice draft drawings. Have you got a lightbox or Photoshop to re-ink them with tighter lines, etc? Have you got some other finished/colored stuff to show?

There's no shame in using reference photos if you want your artwork to be exact. Anyone who decries you for using reference is not an artist. When I sculpt a known character, person or object I gather as much reference material as possible and surround myself in images of my subject from every angle.

they have lighter lines than it looks, its just my cellphone camera making stuff look weird lol
i also wanted a more comic look rather than actual life, so another reason i made stuff a tad darker than normal

Not really a fan, but those are still cool. :)

Not a fan!? You've got the best scene in ESB as your avatar! LOL :D

And I second the anti-Twilight! Those books make me rather ashamed I once played bass in a black metal band of the same name in the early 1990s!

What do you mean??!! That's an amazing drawing!!! You should illustrate for the books!!

LOL. I forgot my avatar has Darth Vader on it. And that sucks. Twilight ruined the word "twilight." >_>

Yeah, I'm definitely a big Star Wars nerd, and I could tell without even looking at the names who was who. Good drawing. When they were handing out the creative/artistic stuff, I was definitely not around.

Oooo... Very nice... and from memory! Wow!

One last thing, consider yourself lucky to have the time to be bored. I wish I had more free time to draw.

Very nice! Maybe it's the camera, but it looks like you didn't even use guide lines. I like to try drawing things from memory as well, but it would appear you have a much more steady hand than mine.
~Joe

i used a ruler and a couple of pieces of paper to give me my "drawing space" so i kept things even...to avoid the guidelines LOL

---------- Post added 09-18-2009 at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was 09-17-2009 at 04:23 PM ----------

DSC04835.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Almost there
DSC04837.jpg

---------- Post added 09-19-2009 at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-18-2009 at 05:57 PM ----------

Done
bobaandjangofinal.jpg

Back