What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Went to a Pow-Wow on Sunday (Pictures)

• Thread starter Wolfn
  • Start date

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
Pictures from a Pow-Wow I went to on Sunday

Dancers1.jpg

Dancers2.jpg

Dancers4.jpg

dancers8.jpg

dancers9.jpg

regalia2.jpg

eagle1.jpg

Owl1.jpg

Samson1.jpg

birds3.jpg

Neat! The Pow Wow on the Mdewakanton land is usually held in August but I didn't see any info about it this year. It's usually the hottest day of the year!

Very cool. The 5th photo looks like Ringo Starr with some Deadheads, ca. 1975.

I'm planning to dance at the next one, which will be in March.

my cousins grandfather always threatened he was going to tie feathers to me and toss me in the ring....never did....surprised how similar the outfits in Florida are to those of the Sioux and Assiniboine up here.....

my cousins grandfather always threatened he was going to tie feathers to me and toss me in the ring....never did....surprised how similar the outfits in Florida are to those of the Sioux and Assiniboine up here.....

Well, this Pow-Wow was inter-tribal, so I'm sure the regalia is probably the same as the Lakota. There were also Cherokee and other Nations here as well.

for the record the Sioux and Assiniboine may share the same language family but they dont consider themselves to both be Lakota.....the Sioux are Lakota, the Assiniboine are not......

for the record the Sioux and Assiniboine may share the same language family but they dont consider themselves to both be Lakota.....the Sioux are Lakota, the Assiniboine are not......

Correct

---------- Post added 09-24-2009 at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was 09-22-2009 at 02:11 PM ----------

Here's a video I took of the Pow-Wow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdmCPvNr7OM

mm their so beautiful, haven't been to one but want to so bad it hurts lol, i need to go to one next year

Back