What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Do Not Enjoy My Neighbors

• Thread starter Clue
  • Start date
LOL that sucks! They make the dog owners here pay for replanting the spotty yard every spring ($15 each dog each year or something like that) but at least everyone picks up the hard goods now since the complex has started having doggy bags by the dumpsters and on posts by the trails out back.

I don't really understand what a bad neighbor is. For me a bad neighbor is one that lets his dog pee on your grass. (I get revenge)

Stinks though, but I honestly would start yelling at them. I tend to mimic behavior I find annoying back at people.

Ahhh, hard to beat awesome dormies. For 2 years I was in one dorm, no problems other than the occasional sticky note on the bathroom mirror reminding me it was my turn to clean the bathroom....

Then move to the graduate housing intended for quite mature grad students as well as older mature undergrads and get the 5th year undergrad suitemate from hell. Rap music that shook the wall on till 3 am all week long, tv on till 5 am...but at least since I didn't have tv I was up to date with shows like the office, and sadly...american's next top model. **** I didn't even think she went to classes if they started before 10 and I had to be up and at 'em every frigging day for work or classes like a normal human

I'd wake up thinking there was someone in my room at 2:30 am but it was just her and her boyfriend going at it in the shower and then I'd hear the banter and discussion about "no it is big and you use it well". Seriously, she knew I could hear her as though the door was wide open, actually closed it echoed even better, but still...some privacy would be nice...if not for them at least for my sake. Even sleeping with earplugs did nothing but slightly turn the volume down from a shout to normal conversation face-to-face levels. Ahhh it was fantastic to move out...

Now living right next to train track with trains which go through all night and blaze horns anywhere from midnight, 3am 6am, whatever is a treat. I like trains. (Don't be silly of course you love trains...)

I'd wake up thinking there was someone in my room at 2:30 am but it was just her and her boyfriend going at it in the shower and then I'd hear the banter and discussion about "no it is big and you use it well".

:-)):-)):-))

If they being gay has nothing to do with it then why even bring it up? Would we have known otherwise from what you posted?

i don't have to deal with neighbors, I live out in the woods, although the road in front of the house is pretty busy and I get tired of hearing cars go by all the time.

I do, however, have to deal with the tv at night thing. My husband needs it to fall asleep, and I need it quiet to fall asleep, so I always have to wait until he falls asleep and then I can turn it off. I don't get much sleep.

I'm a TV sleeper too. If it's quiet I just lay there and think about the workings of the universe until I finally give up trying to sleep and get up! :D

If I have a dvd set to repeat I can go to bed almost as soon as I lay down. I can't have the news on or I'll lay there and listen to it. When I was a kid my grandmother used to live on a farm next to the highway. I always liked sleeping there with the semi trucks downshifting seemed to put me right out.

If they being gay has nothing to do with it then why even bring it up? Would we have known otherwise from what you posted?

I think his mentioning his neighbors sexual orientation is legitimately contextual.
He goes on to not include gay anywhere else in his post.
Personally I can tell you, having a best friend/roommate and his partner living with us,
there is nothing like cackling drunk queens! Sometimes good, sometimes... not so much. :blush:
I can just imagine the fem of the two, one hand on a hip complaining about the yard. Lol.

At least it's not throbbing base at 3am instead. At least they're not running a meth lab... or puppy mill... or NUDISTS (shudder). It can always be worse, but don't say that out loud. :nono:

We live in an apartment complex, where each building has 8 apartments, 4 on each floor. The way the building is contructed, those on the 2nd flloor partially above the ones on the 1st floor. We can hear each other but it isn't always clear as to who is making the noise. The guy below us has complained about noise coming from us... and I'm reasonably confident the noise was coming from the apartment next to us. He has taken to rapping on his ceiling (our floor) to get our attention. There is no smoking allowed in the buildings and we can smell the cigarette smoke wafting up the stairs. I can't even open up the screen to water my plants or let in cooler air without his smoke, when he's out on his porch, coming into our living room.

Back when I was a freshman in college, my first semester I was thrown into a triple. I had 2 roommates. Back then, smoking was legal and one of these guys smoked in the room. He was also an alcoholic and a burnout. He grew pot on our window sill. The other roommate didn't smoke, but he was an alcoholic. There are more roommate stories....

We've had lots of neighbors because lots of people pass through this neighborhood. Nobody has been completely awful, but there was one heterosexual guy who would smoke in his driveway just a few feet outside and upwind of our kitchen window. Another straight guy made his living repairing cars in his driveway, so plenty of noise & exhaust drifted over from there. The straight couple on the other side of us used to scream at each other all the time before getting divorced. Oh, and the swarm of 20-something heterosexuals that live in or visit the multifamily house across the street sometimes block our driveway with their cars. All in all, the neighborhood might be improved with more gay people. Unless they're going to critique the way I dress.

By the way, the last house I lived in before leaving Maine to move here had been on a set of rapids on the Penobscot River. Other than for the coldest winter months, I kept my window open at least a crack and the river noise was pretty loud. When I first moved here, we lived in an apartment next to the highway and I swear the sound was almost identical, except for the trucks jake-braking. But I spent much more time fishing in the river than in the highway.

I'm a TV sleeper too. If it's quiet I just lay there and think about the workings of the universe until I finally give up trying to sleep and get up! :D

Me too, I feel like I have insomnia if my tv isn't on.

TV sleepers are weirdos!!!

Yes but it ensures we almost never have to stay at anyone's house cos if they aren't a TV sleeper they don't get any sleep! :D

And I sleep with a fan on to drown out the peripheral noise.

I sleep with the a.c and radio. even when its 40F ill still turn on the a.c.

yup fans + a/c are awesome too!

Me + ceiling fan + snoring pug = sleep

I sleep with an inflatable woman and a rubber chicken!
Wait... wrong forum.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Hetero or homo TV sleepers? :-O

Back