What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepfreak

Nepenthesian
Ceph

IMG_2781.jpg

A bit of JMatt's giant bowl o' flytraps

IMG_2830.jpg

Did anyone else go to Nepenthusiast's lecture on flytraps? It was very spirited and well-done, I thought.

IMG_2831.jpg

His Majesty, D. regia "big easy."

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

The permanant bog exhibit

IMG_2850.jpg

IMG_2853.jpg

Forked stigmas

IMG_2858.jpg

Aldrovanda

IMG_2868.jpg

A beautifully grown and pristine P. "pirouette"

IMG_2874.jpg

Crazy VFT (a B52?)

IMG_2879.jpg

Bug's view of Darlingtonia

IMG_2881.jpg

Heliamphora, embodying the common name "sun pitchers."

IMG_2882.jpg

JMatt's vicious Hamata.

IMG_2912.jpg

Crazily forking dichotoma

IMG_2932.jpg

Filiformis v. traycii:

IMG_2933.jpg

Ruby-red D. Binata

IMG_2939.jpg

"The Overlords"

IMG_2947.jpg

Drosophyllum

IMG_2955.jpg

WOW.

That's all awesome!

Great plants! I love the psychedelic fractal appearance of the D. dichotoma! Is that pic of just one single forked leaf as it looks like it is? Any shots of the whole plant?

The No Fly Zone sign on those VFTs is kick arse as well! :D

Great pics Nepfreak, good thing you took em on Saturday. I took some on Sunday and the lighting wasn't nearly as good... gotta get around to posting them here

Nepfreak...Great pictures! im sure you took many others too. I forgot my camera that day, go figure! Anyways it was my first time going to the NECP show and I enjoyed it. It was great seeing all the well grown plants. Great meeting people too.

Amazing! and the titles made me laugh. :-))

Amazing plants and picture quality. :D

Yeah, that was just one giant crazy forking leaf :D. I don't have any pictures of the entire plant. There were a few more crazy leaves like that all tangled together. Glad you guys liked the pictures! I took about 200 of them. My camera's kind of picky about low light, so many of them came out blurry, but there was this brief moment where the sun was at just the right angle to catch the dews and drosophyllum and that's mainly when I got these. The camera's a canon powershot SX110.

omg I love all of that stuff!! Everything looks so healthy and beautiful! I especially LOVE that bowl of flytraps!! I would love to have something like that someday!

Wha-wha-whaaaaat?! Man you are lucky to be able to visit that show :hail::0o:

Insane plants, and unbelievable pics :) thanks for sharing!

Nice pics. Glad you liked the show.

thanks for these awesome pics!

Back