What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fall brings nice plants;- and death.

The poses!

A Leucophylla Hybrd, Kinda nice wouldn't you say.?
IMG_7840.jpg

The 3.- from andy of course!
IMG_7845.jpg

Rubra alabamensis
IMG_7846.jpg

Looks hungry don't it?
IMG_7884.jpg

The Deaths:
IMG_7868.jpg

IMG_7881.jpg

IMG_7882.jpg

idk. about this one.
IMG_7889.jpg

Adelae and her babies.
IMG_7905.jpg

New Raff 1' and 2' - thanks tony.
IMG_7959.jpg

Madagascarenis getting some color.
IMG_7906.jpg

Myyy newwww- Thorelli X (Truncata X campanulata) - thanks tony.
IMG_7938.jpg

Thanks. This will almost be the end of my first year growing! Thanks to everyone who helped me get these plants, you know who you are.

Very nice. :) But the D. adelae needs more light, don't you think? Or is there something that's not letting you give it more light?

I don't know I got it a couple weeks ago from mooo. Maybe its still adjusting since theres only a little dew on that half of the leaf.

Adelae won't get dew on old leaves, in my experience. It seems that once its gone on a leaf, it will not come back readily, but that is just from my observation.

Very nice. :) But the D. adelae needs more light, don't you think? Or is there something that's not letting you give it more light?

In "The Savage Garden", it says that D. Adelae thrives in shady conditions, including D. schizandra, and D. Prolifera. In fact, it says sunlight will burn these plants. If kept in shady conditions, they grow large and remain nice and green.

D. Adlae is one of the few dews I've ever had. It somehow sprouted up in the live sphagnum top dressing of my Nepenthes hamata pot.

It got lots of bright light (240 watts fluorescent - no real sun) it had red dew globules and even made some red flowers after spreading for a year or two. It lived in 70-90% humidity with air circulation and 75*F days and 40-50*F nights. It grew like a weed throughout the planting medium (which was lfs/orchid bark) and out the holes all over the 10" net orchid pot the hamata was growing in, eventually crowding out the hamata.

I still have 3 lights to put up on that rack. :) just. wait. :p

In "The Savage Garden", it says that D. Adelae thrives in shady conditions, including D. schizandra, and D. Prolifera. In fact, it says sunlight will burn these plants. If kept in shady conditions, they grow large and remain nice and green.

Doesn't mean it can't thrive in bright light. And I still believe that it needs more light than that, and with three more lights, it'll probably do it.

that one you "dunno about"" is a sleeping D.filiformis of some sort- keep it on the dry and cool side for a while, it'll be fine whenit wakes up

Nice plants, and nice pics Halt!!
I must say that D. adelae is odd looking to me, not in a bad way but it looks nothing like the ones I have, leaf-texture-wise, strange!

Doesn't mean it can't thrive in bright light. And I still believe that it needs more light than that, and with three more lights, it'll probably do it.

From my experiance they like high humiity THEN sun....mine turn maroon in bright sun.. very nice:-D but I thought savage garden says fertelizers burn them?

Back