What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ads for VFT's from yesteryear...

• Thread starter Fryster
  • Start date

Fryster

--Freedom Czar--
While going thru some of my old comic books from the 70's I ran across a few interesting ads for VFT's. I thought that the younger forum members here might find these rather interesting and humorous:

WWT_661978.jpg
WWT_66197802.jpg

WWT_481976.jpg

WWT_521977.jpg

Those are really cool! Can you email me a printable version (300 dpi) of the last one? I will trade you crap.

"Jaws will snap shut on anything at your command."

Lol.

They're even more fascinating when viewed through X-ray spex, which probably were conveniently advertised on the same page.

at least it doesn't say they'll dance to music as was always claimed of Sea Monkeys..

And it's nowhere near as nutty as the ads from the 60's offering an honest-to-goodness monkey

Nice finds tho, I've never seen the "magical Hungry Plant" one before (amazing considering the hundreds of comics I have from that era)

I love it!

Notice in the last one it calls it tropical and says it can live in any room in your home....

Cool, but the way they tempt you to make it bite your finger makes me want to find the person who made this add and slap him in the face. LOL :-))

Dollar VFTs! Too bad I wasn't born yet.

Sweet! Thanks for sharing

The first two I have seen in my antique comics. Very humorous. :-))

I recall seeing a few of those ads -- also seen in the late, lamented Famous Monsters of Filmland.

Memories . . .

I remember seeing those....man has time flew by!I'm getting old! :-))

I love those! I remember them fondly... now there's the VFT seeds in a slickly packaged box in the gift section of Borders.

Thanks! Now I'm having flashbacks of Charles Atlas telling me that in just 7 days, he can make me a man. ;)

ASTA!!

Asta_in_After_the_Thin_Man_trailer.jpg
(couldn't resist...) :p

Back