What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snow!

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Picture001-28.jpg

Neat. :) I think they look great in snow.

This also illustrates that VFT's & Sarracenias can take temps slightly below freezing.

kewl, I think the red and white plants look best in the snow, heehee.

Lucky, we only got a bit here, then it was all rain.

We had a few spits of snow today but nothing stuck.
I think we are a couple of weeks behind you weather wise.
Thanks for the preview.

That's crazy. I have a brother in Denver and they already had snow. Some of the ski resorts are already open!

Wow...I'd like to play in the snow....Nver touched them before..Do you really can make a snowball from snow?

Oh yeah you can roll up snow and make it into snowballs or even snow sculptures like this:

snow_sculpture_hor_gallery__600x400.jpg

Once they are done sculpting they will sometimes use food coloring to "spray paint" the snow so it looks like it's a giant painted sculpture. Too bad it melts after a few days.

When lakes freeze you can walk out onto it and cut a hole in the ice and fish through the holes. You can drive cars and trucks on the ice when it gets thick enough. In my area though everyone is so anxious to get out on the ice and do things there are usually a lot of deaths before the ice is safe enough for people to travel on. Some thrill seekers even drive their snow mobiles as fast as they can across a half frozen lake just to see if they can make it across.

I like to sit inside with a book and some hot coffee and watch the snow through the window! :D

I like to sit inside with a book and some hot coffee and watch the snow through the window! :D
I do too,
Well, i dont like coffee or hot cocoa so ill just have milk or water and watch the snow

Back