What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ladybugs!

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I hope the Neps don't get indigestion!

Picture001-30.jpg

They just started appearing this week.

yay! lol, ladybugs are so cool... I only saw a few this fall. My fav one there is on the far right. :D

A lot of lady bugs are appearing around MA right now also. Weird how Northeastern weather works, snows one week, and is in the mid-upper 60's the next...although I'm sure the sarracenia don't mind

I could have used an invasion of ladybugs earlier this year to control the aphids and mealybugs. I bought a container an released them in the yards around me as a preemptive strike earlier in the year. It must have been too early and they moved on looking for food sources.

Unfortunately during the growing season the containers fly off the shelves as soon as they come in to the garden stores. No regular deliveries so you just have to be there when they come in.

They are trying to get any place warm here, I guess its time for them to roost.

Awesome! I have a question... whats the difference between red and orange ladybugs? I've heard orange are harmful, but never have been able to confirm it

Orange ones have double hit points and cast fireball. red ones are normal :D

Back