What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shopping Around: Recommend a dehumidifier

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
I could've sworn there was a recent thread where people were comparing the cost and quality of various dehumidifier models, but I can't find it. I'm looking to get a dehumidifier in hopes that I won't need worry as much about condensation inside this winter. (Normally I leave the windows cracked, which is effective but expensive, especially when I'm using electric heat instead of my wood stove.)
Anyways, if anybody has some recommendations either for or against certain brands or models, please let me know. All of the reviews I'm finding online seem to be evenly split between positive and negative so I'm having trouble deciding which ones I should believe. It seems as though humidifiers have a fairly high failure/dud rate, regardless of brand.
Thanks,
~Joe

While I don't have a recommendation, I do have a Steven Wright joke, "For my birthday I got a humidifier and a de-humidifier . . . I put them in the same room and let them fight it out . . ."

LOL - I think of that joke any time I think about humidifiers/dehumidifiers.
~Joe

You need a dehumidifier with the heat on in the winter? That doesn't make sense unless you are pulling a Steven Wright and do have a humidifier operating, which many people do in winter. Where is the condensation? Wherever you do needs better insulation and I suspect that if you measure the indoor humidity you'll find it's pretty low in winter.

Back