What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's unfortunately getting to be that time again... Some of the dews are already forming hibernicula. The Sarracenia won't be too far behind (maybe another month to 1 1/2 month) and will only be out until day time temps are above 40F and below freezing at night. This year though I can place them all in a shed out of the blistering cold wind! Definitely a nice improvement from all of last few years work :)

I didn't know this topic was updated. I just initiated a similar one, geared toward using sulfur. Where does one purchase Consan20 and what is in it?

I didn't know this topic was updated. I just initiated a similar one, geared toward using sulfur. Where does one purchase Consan20 and what is in it?

Hey Jim,

It wasn't meant to be updated but I had to fix some picture links and figured I'd do one anyways.
I picked up my Consan20 locally at some small nursery. The bottle states that it's a : Algaecide, plant viricide, bacteriacide, disinfectant, sanitizer and deodorant. For use on Ornamental plants, grasses and trees.

Active Ingredients:
dimethyl benzyl ammonium chlorides --- 9.0 %
dimethyl ethylbenzyl ammonium chlorides --- 9.0%
dimethyl benzyl chlorides --- 2.0%
Inert ingredients --- 80%

The product smells exactly like the liquid in bubble wands. It's not to be used on Pings or Droseras.

I use sulfur based powder fungicide when I do the fridge dormancies, it seems to clump though and not spread as nicely as spray fungicides. Hope this helps

nice job yann, and i will be trying some of my smaller pots of sarrs as ive been told they need a little more protection here in Zone 7. but the larger pots will stay out as usual.

Thanks for the helpful advise:-D

Jimmy,
Lucky you, your winters are much milder then ours here in IN. As long as your media doesn't stay frozen long enough to dehydrate the plants they'll do just fine, and if your outdoor collection is anything like your indoor I think we're all in for a treat ;)

Back