What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Croc pics for Ozzy

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Here are a few pics of some Crocodiles I saw while in the Everglades.
Saw about 4 or 5 different crocs.

This was the first one. He was about 9'
Okee-Everglades701.jpg

Okee-Everglades704.jpg

Then this fella was around 13'
Okee-Everglades1420.jpg

Okee-Everglades1422.jpg

Okee-Everglades1463.jpg

Now a couple Alligators
Okee-Everglades506.jpg

Okee-Everglades467.jpg

This guy was not too happy with us stopping by to take pictures. He got up walked towards our boat, growled at us, then entered the water and watched till we passed.
Okee-Everglades450.jpg

This guy was at the boat take out. He was a big fella. Think he ate the last canoers. He finally moved when we got really close to him.
Okee-Everglades614.jpg

Cool gators! I've only seen the babies they have at the zoo. Maybe 3 ft... whee!

Pic #4 is how my gums look after eating a whole bag of that chewy old fashioned candy from the farm store last night! lol

Cool thing about these.... much larger then 3' and no fence!

At Sea World in San Antonio, TX there is an entrance to three water park slides that start with ane entryway that is a 30' wide wood bridge across a swamp! I remember looking down and seeing a gator that had to be 13 - 16' long. I'm not exaggerating, it was mammoth. Sooooooooooo surreal to walk over them without a care holding floaties and wearing ugly swim wear.

These things freak me out. When I was in Florida I almost stepped on a couple of them without noticing!

Back