What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Olbrich Botanical Garden, Madison, WI

I stopped in there today, while I was in town visiting family. I heard they had a CP display going on through Jan., so I had to see what they had. Wasn't too impressed, the Nepenthes looked pretty good, and most of the Sarracenia were in pretty good shape, considering the time of year. I saw a Darlingtonia that looked as if it was a recently purchased death cube. They had some Utrics in an aquarium with a magnifying glass, but we were there late in the day, so it was dark, and their lighting was poor. Not sure the ID's of the Nepenthes, as they're not my forte', I think you can make out the tags on some of them.
plant3.jpg

plant2.jpg

plant1.jpg

plant8.jpg

plant7.jpg

plant6.jpg

plant5.jpg

plant4.jpg

Those are GIANT AMP PITCHERS. O.O

It looks more like x kuchengis(this person obivously dosen't know how to spell). OHH, I get it.

It looks more like x kuchengis(this person obivously dosen't know how to spell). OHH, I get it.

Aww, theres nothing to get. I didn't mean it like that. :l
Those are really big NEPENTHES ampullariana pitchers..

Well, that isn't ampullaria. Ampullaria is more ampul-laria ish.

Looks like the tropical plants are faring better than the temperate ones.

ampullaria x mriabilis. or N. kuchingensis. correct.

Alex

Apples(ampullaria) looks like that?Amp should be like that "O" hehe

Back