What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Update

• Thread starter CN
  • Start date

CN

BANNED

im seeing this type heater quite a lot lately , hows it do in the coldest temps, say below 30, i want to use my greenhouse but am afraid to try it, so im watching and hopefully learning what i need to know, i do have a work shop that is insulated, for emergencies and it should be easy to keep above 50 even when it gets below 10 , but after seeing your sad loss (condolences guy) i'm slightly shy to try this year, till i get a better grip. Hope you save all you have left, i would be such a sad puppy, again im sorry for your great loss.
DSC00546.JPG
I have the north , and west sides of mine fenced to keep the high winter winds , and harsh summer sun out, but it is on such a slope i had to build on a deck, so may be a bit of a challange to keep heated, it is very well ventelated for summer though.

Honestly jimmy if the heater had a digital display it would be much better but truly the heater with the four lights lite up is around 60º to 70º.
Now last night was 9º an the heater was at the 4 light setting an with all the new things i did it was 61º in there this morning.
Now i siliconed the west side tonight an i had to drop the setting one light an it is now about 63º too 62º
an the insulation is still not here yet .

BUt the Nice thing about this heater is that it absolutly does not effect the humidity.
Jimmy Mulch the sides of the deck it seems to really help ALOT

daren

, you meat the right side of the pic up to the bottom of the deck, hm that sounds like a good idea, had'nt even thought of that, duh

Is that the same heater that was tripping the 15amp breaker?

What are the specs on it?

That double sided reflective bubble wrap is pretty good stuff too.

Is that the same heater that was tripping the 15amp breaker?

What are the specs on it?

That double sided reflective bubble wrap is pretty good stuff too.

Tony ,
Yes it is the same heater . i found out that the reason why it was tripping the breaker was because of the power stip i was using was defective . an the heater was trying too hard to keep up . as you see in the video the 4 lil lights in a vertical line are the temp settings . an since i have placed that double sided insulation on the floor an those two walls as you mentioned the heater dosent need to be as high an is doing very well . not sure on the exact date of when my other insulation will be here but i hope very soon .

Daren

Just a pair of those oil heaters (1500w) heat my 850 sq ft house. Of course it's sealed way better than Daren's new GH (lucky dog) they truly perform. I imagine when I use something similar in a GH I'll buy someday ;) I'd use a small fan next to the oil heater.

Back