What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I Unreasonable?

Well You could always go to where swords got is ....N. ampullaria 'Harlequin'. ....... (JOKE ING )
or be patient or even another great place would be through The Head man here ..... Because i am thrilled with my plant from him an am looking at an order very soon through him again

Well You could always go to where swords got is ....N. ampullaria 'Harlequin'. ......
It's actually coming back from the near dead/crummy look. I think maybe the new leaf will inflate a pitcher, the first new leaf it made for me didn't even make a pitcher bud but the latest one looks like it has one.

Interesting opinions. While 2 weeks is probably premature to start being aggravated about a late delivery (especially around holidays & in winter)(& earns you a few grinch points), being charged a restocking fee for an item that was never returned, never mailed out & therefore never really removed from stock seems to be an 'in-your-face', 'take-your-business-elsewhere' strong statement (probably worth a few holiday grinch points too).

It's a shame. I believe that this vendor is a good guy but I know that he has really been pinched for time as he tries to make ends meet & support his family...

Opinions wanted:

Ordered two small plants from an online vendor and after two weeks the in-stock items still have not shipped. Emailed to cancel the order and their response was that I would be charged a 15% restocking fee. I feel two weeks to ship two plants 400 miles is plenty-o-time. If there was some sort of issue, email me and we'll work something out. Never heard a word.

I'm all about customer service. If it ain't there, regardless of price, I'm shopping elsewhere. To hit me w/ a restocking fee on something I never received is insulting....

So, am I overreacting? :crazy:

Thanks...

Sounds reasonable to me. Two weeks is plenty of time to at least let you know what the delay is, or at least give you an update.

as has been stated several times i would find out reasoning for the delays. Like you said however being hit with a 15% fee aint exactly fair when you havent been notified of anything!

You are not unreasonable.

+1

I don't think you're being unresonable at all. YOU are the customer and YOU are what keeps him in business. When ordering something from any business, there shouldn't be excuses after the fact as to why something is late or does not arrive correctly... because it's a just that, a business; not a friend or someone you're trading with on here. You are giving money for something you expect to receive promptly and with communication... You aren't just paying for the plant, you're paying for the service.

My $.02

Here is where this issue ended up:

I initially stated I was charged upon ordering. That was false. I was not charged anything until the day I called to cancel the order. The total order, including shipping, was right around the lofty sum of $18.95, and that amount is listed on the receipt emailed to me and through their website. On the day I canceled the order, they put a charge through for over 21$. Where this amount came from I have no clue. That alone had me frothing. I gave it a few days to see if the amount would change, or if a credit would show up via my online account access. Sure enough, three days later my acct was credited, less their "restocking" fee. Ignoring the fact they had nothing to restock, their fee was based on the entire order, including the shipping charges. How do you restock shipping?

...and yes, I did email and call w/ out a response back trying to seek a remedy. At this point I might just say f-it and let them keep there few dollars. :censor:

Ok, I believe that I am done venting.... What have we learned, class? Sellers, treat your customers well...buyers, beware.

Here is where this issue ended up:

I initially stated I was charged upon ordering. That was false. I was not charged anything until the day I called to cancel the order. The total order, including shipping, was right around the lofty sum of $18.95, and that amount is listed on the receipt emailed to me and through their website. On the day I canceled the order, they put a charge through for over 21$. Where this amount came from I have no clue. That alone had me frothing. I gave it a few days to see if the amount would change, or if a credit would show up via my online account access. Sure enough, three days later my acct was credited, less their "restocking" fee. Ignoring the fact they had nothing to restock, their fee was based on the entire order, including the shipping charges. How do you restock shipping?

...and yes, I did email and call w/ out a response back trying to seek a remedy. At this point I might just say f-it and let them keep there few dollars. :censor:

Ok, I believe that I am done venting.... What have we learned, class? Sellers, treat your customers well...buyers, beware.

Call your credit card company and tell them the story! I've heard it affects the vendor negatively if there if you contest the charge.

I purchased from this person as well (at least I think it is the same person). Before I placed the order I asked him if he could ship on Monday. That is the day I needed him to ship them so that I could be sure I was here for the shipment. He said yes, so I placed the order. He didn't ship on Monday, he shipped Wednesday. I just got them today, and although they are healthy and are going to be fine, they are MUCH smaller than I expected. My definition of a small plant would need to be double or triple the size of what I received. These are SEEDLINGS, not what I would consider small. Two of them he sent potted in a 2-inch pot, and they still have plenty of growing to do before they need transplanting out of that pot. My "smalls" are in 4 inch pots and don't have growing room left. The other 4 he sent bare root and I potted them up myself. Nothing had labels, so I had to make my own. I'm disappointed because of the size of the plants and the cost of them. But they do look healthy and will be okay.

Back