What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thar she blows! Sarah Palin joins Fox News team

Rattler... I have to admit I do not know much about Palin. I can see why the media demonizes her. I may just have to eat my earlier words here as she sounds like one tough SOB who may be what is right for America. I am never ashamed to admit I was wrong. If your info is true as I would guess that it is, then I was wrong about her.

I have been a lurker of Terraforums for a while. I’m surprised my first post here is a long-winded political one rather than one involved with CPs; however I have great interest in politics from world to local- almost a hobby of mine. I grew up in Chicago – so I seen first hand how machine politics work. A brief background to try to indicate that I’m not just a troll: I grow both temperate and tropical CP’s, I have a CP bog garden, a KOI Pond. I also have just started tissue culturing CPs. I also am fairly active on another popular CP group.

I want to make a point here and take it for what it’s worth. Dashman, The reason why you didn’t know, was because the general liberal media was more concerned about bashing her than to report on the outstanding job she did for the people of Alaska. The facts that Rattler brought up are accurate, she should have been praised as a good Governor who did great things for the state- instead the only thing, I say it again, the only thing they could try to say negitave about her (inaccurately) is she’s not smart and attacked her family. Think about it, the media sent more spys, and put more bugs up her butt, than any other politician in history to find dirt; And they came up Nothing – Nada. Her personal email was hacked- and there was no BS to be found. This kinda shows we got a real person with real integrity here, who is looking after her fellow citizens- this is a rare thing, and what we need in our politicians.

The good news Dashman is, when you were presented with facts, you used common sense to, realize you may have been misled- many do not have common sense, and tend to blindly keep drinking the Koolaid.
Last note, if you want more objective news, watch Fox news , Aside from Hannity & Beck, Who bring up very good points, but are conservative one-sided, (they are political commentators , and voice opinions). Watch some of the rest of Fox including Bill O’reilly ( he is a news/political anylist- which base his findings on objective facts) If you watch with an OPEN mind, you will see they bring objective and various points of views that are very accurate with facts that can be substantiated. Most other news networks are now trying to brainwash, mislead, and skew facts, trying to change our social system; and was very successful with this past election manufacturing a false God. There are reasons their audiences are dropping fast, and Fox is Riseing with incredible ratings. Wise people are tired of being BSed. Sorry to bore some of you, I only suggest before you draw conclusions about anything important to you, or could be,- don’t take just any one source (Fox or the liberal Media)- step-back, research the facts- GET WISE
Informational Media is Power at it’s essence. The most oppressive regimes has always put the highest priorities and efforts to control the media-- to control it’s people. View it objectively
Soon hope to get into some CP Cultivating discussions
Good Luck

Welcome to TF, Bud!

Yes welcome to the occasional TF fight club... I mean general discussion forum! lol

We have fun though, at least I do! :D

when you go through here active stance on long term political issues her responses were always... scary to me...

that mixed with appearing to be a moron makes me glad she's taking a career with a news group i dont pay attention to.. almost a best case scenario for me really.. :D

of course I'm not necessarily saying "she's a bad person" or whatever, I'm sure she has good intentions and she may have even done great things as the governor for alaska, but being a good govenor and running a country thats going through some problems and needs real leadership is something else entirely in my opinion...

just becuase you can bag groceries at the grocery store for 6 months doesn't mean you should run the whole store the following week..

not trying to open up the great debate... just thought i'd share my 2 cents.

just becuase you can bag groceries at the grocery store for 6 months doesn't mean you should run the whole store the following week..

That kinda relates to Obama too... who I like is some ways, and other ways I do not.
About his "flip-flopping", I think once he got the reins he also got the facts and had to make real decisions instead of speeches.

Now for Palin, I like her... she went a bit too conservative for my tastes and I'd respect her more if she at least finished her term as Governer, but she has done some good things and got them done.

My opinion on Fox is it does balance and make fair the media. Everything else on TV is quite Liberal, so why not watch both and make your own decisions instead of simply accepting what you're told?

Welcome Bud, hope to see some pics of your CP's and the Koi pond!
Although I guess the dead of Winter ain't really a good time for pics...

I never realised until this week, that Liberals have their own version of Fox News!
its MSNBC..
man oh man, is that network out on the wacko fringe!
I purposly watched it for about an hour the other night..
its EXTREME far left hate-mongering disguised as a news network..
unbelieveble..if it werent so scary, it would be funny..

Scot

there are networks to both extremes. I dont watch either of them.

fox happens to be one of them in my humble opinion.

Thanks Much for The welomes, and being easy on me!

Bud

I never realised until this week, that Liberals have their own version of Fox News!
its MSNBC..
Just now you realized that? LOL You've missed their greatest hits then, watching the 2008 election coverage flipping between FOX and MSNBC was a total comedy fest! Watch an hour on each back and forth all night long and you too can have a BP of 240/120! :D

Scarborough Country in the morning on MSNBC is actually quite conservative and doesn't really fit the rest of their lineup.

Who wouldn't pay for ringside seats to Oberman VS Oreily? In reality I'll bet anything those two are drinkin' buddies (or "worse") off the air.

Just now you realized that? LOL You've missed their greatest hits then, watching the 2008 election coverage flipping between FOX and MSNBC was a total comedy fest! Watch an hour on each back and forth all night long and you too can have a BP of 240/120! :D

Scarborough Country in the morning on MSNBC is actually quite conservative and doesn't really fit the rest of their lineup.

Who wouldn't pay for ringside seats to Oberman VS Oreily? In reality I'll bet anything those two are drinkin' buddies (or "worse") off the air.

yeah! I just never noticed it before!
I never pay much attention to the cable news stations..to me they are all pretty much the same..but a few days ago I was channel surfing and I came across this guy..(I just googled it..its Keith Oberman) who was talking about Haiti, and also said something about "America's number one insane racist" (I think those were his exact words!) (referring to Rush Limbaugh of course) which made me stop and pay attention..he ranted a bit more, and I thought "woah..this is supposed to be a news network?"

I dont know much about Oreily either..although every time I have watched him, he seems pretty rational..I think Liberals probably hate him because he tells the truth about Democrat policies, which liberals dont like to hear..things like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-JF5rAHJZQ

Things like that simply are not reported in the mainstream liberal news..(which is IMO everything else except Fox news, including local TV news and local newspapers.)..
you will never hear about this problem (of where the money might end up) on MSNBC!
because Obama can do no wrong..many real problems are simply ignored by the left.
and if someone dares to bring up the issues they ignore, that person is immediately branded as racist or hateful..which from I have seen, is almost always a huge distortion..

another recent example, (which the MSNBC guy might have been referring to)..Rush Limbaugh has been accused by the Left of being racist simply for *talking about* Harry Reid's racist statement! If you even talk about someone else being racist, that brands you as a racist yourself..(but only if you are a conservative of course..) If you are a liberal, you can never be racist..its virtually impossible..
the recent hypocrisy of the left is absolutely stunning..

Im think im just going to "skip" MSNBC..program it so its invisible while channel surfing (I skip over all the sports networks, home shopping, and spanish stations..you can program it so the remote just bypasses them) That Oberman guy is incredibly offensive..and I also cant stand the smug self-righteous attitude of that woman host on MSNBC..I cant think of her name..you know the one.. ;)

unfortunately there seems to no where to get genuinely unbiased news in the USA..
I sometimes watch BBC news..they seem good.
anyone have any suggestions?

Scot

yeah there is no such thing as unbiased news... at least for america.

we could take a vote on it... except there are 60 dems... so.... :D

As you can tell, all these cats Oreilly, Oberman, Limbaugh, etc. are all COMMENTATORS they are not actually giving news but infotainment it's the same thing as reading your editorials page and calling that news.

The only thing I am interested in when I want to hear news is what, where and when, I only want the headlines. Anything else any of them say on any of those News network channels is nothing more than the same sort of opinionated banter we have here on TF. Their opinions are no more "news" than mine or rattlers or whomever. For headlines one of my faves is watching the BBC! Skip US corporate broadcasting altogether! LOL

Pat Robertson said the reason Hati was devastated by the earthquake was cos the country made a pact with satan and is infested with voodoo priests... That's the best piece of "news" I've ever heard! LOL

The news channels are all owned by mega-corporations, and serve the interests of their owners. They are neither traditionally liberal or conservative - they are corporatist.

Rattler, you are taking crazy pills again. Palin shows an astonishing ignorance of basic facts. Even apart from the evisceration she gets from McCain staffers in the recent book "Game Change", she has shown behavior that is bizarre, unstable, and incoherent. From her disastrous interview with Katie Couric (who asked such "gotcha" questions as "what magazines do you read" to her rambling resignation speech in which she failed to explain why she was resigning, she has been revealed as borderline crazy. She's folksy, attractive, and perky, but appears to know virtually nothing about the world, about politics, about history, or about policy.

Don't forget I still think they put electrodes in Obamas brain after he got elected. LOL In all honesty I haven't been much of a fan ever since. More wars and a 4% larger budget for "national defense" than Bush, piss poor excuse for universal healthcare, allowing polluters to pollute, letting the torturers walk, continued omniscience of the citizens... As you know, this is not what I voted for.

As far as "corrupt chicago politicians" goes, all politicians are corrupt. It's the nature of the game, politics is nothing but double-dealing and obfuscation. I hate to make blanket statements like that but I have never heard of a clean politician with no dirty laundry or not trying to hide what they're doing. Of course they're all going to talk about how corrupt the other guys are, that gives them time to hide their own skeletons in their closet. "Hey look at what THAT guy did" that way nobody will be looking at them as they do their own dirty deeds. After all Palins first term Governorship was so riddled with ethics violations she had to resign...

im gonna skip most the stuff on the various news stations cause other than state stuff i pay lil attention to TV news.......just gonna comment on some of your stuff here swords, and forgive me im bout 8 hours from home attending meetings so things are hit or miss when i can get online.....

on the ethics of Palins governorship.....did you actually read the report? i did.....stated that what she did may be by some technicality wrong it was not a major issue by any stretch.....the findings suggested it not be looked at further through a court of law and she really wasnt guilty of any criminal mis-doings....

as for Obama.....if you actually listened to him talk in the debates he stated that although he wanted to withdraw from Iraq he wanted to send more troops to Afghanistan...he stated he was going to continue with it so if that pisses yah off, he stated he was gonna do it before the election......he stated it in the national televised debates with McCain......

in all reality we need someone with a history more akin to Palin than Obama right now......we need someone in there with a history of cutting spending.......we need to cut some major fat from DC spending, force them to run a balanced budget......Obama has never been for this, his solution is more government programs and putting his crooked friends in charge of them......all this crap that you hate about Obama i flat out told you he was going to do most of it yet members here though i was full of crap......

whether you like Palin as an individual is not really the point......Palin did for Alaska what most here want to be done for the US but instead of looking at that, the attention was concentrated on the minor stuff that really doesnt matter on a national scale....dont like her views on religion? no problem, she never forced them on anyone in Alaska, why would she on the nation as a whole? in Alaska she cut government spending, she told the old boys club to screw off and charged them in criminal court and won......she has put Alaska on the fast track for renewable energy, a state that makes most its money on oil.......you complain about this and that about her beliefs and none of it has entered how she governed her state.....she did more in a couple years of governor than most do in 4 or 5 terms.....you seem unable to separate the fact that she has done the things you actually want done from 30 second sound bites by a liberal media that doesnt like her and make you not like her rather than looking at her actual record......

all i asked during the last election was to take a real close look at teh records of the individuals in it.....i did and am not surprised at all by what Obama has done....you didnt and seem to think he changed when he didnt.....you believed what he told you and not the history of what he had actually done....he talked a good game but didnt have the history to prove he would do it.....his history showed that he would do what he is doing.....

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

yeah there is no such thing as unbiased news... at least for america.

we could take a vote on it... except there are 60 dems... so.... :D

i publish two newspapers so ive got a bit more experience than most here......total 100% unbiased reporting can only be done if print verbatim what is said and make it basically so the audience was really there....anytime you start cutting this down to selected quotes or a 30 second sound byte your bias will start to filter through....because the author or producer is picking what they feel is important out of what happened....unfortunatly i do some reporting for my papers, i really hate writing but what i feel were the important parts of the meeting and thats what i focus on and only give something else a few sentances...well others may think im wrong.....my bias is showing through no matter how hard i try to keep it out.....

i would love to print some of the meetings i go to word for word but if i did i would go broke cause i dont have the advertisers to pay for the printing of that many pages so by necessity i must condense things, i must make a decision what to focus on, by doing so no matter how hard i try to be 50-50 balanced things are gonna slide 60-40 sometimes, there is absolutely no way to stop it without just printing the meeting or whatever happened word for word.....

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

The news channels are all owned by mega-corporations, and serve the interests of their owners. They are neither traditionally liberal or conservative - they are corporatist.

Rattler, you are taking crazy pills again. Palin shows an astonishing ignorance of basic facts. Even apart from the evisceration she gets from McCain staffers in the recent book "Game Change", she has shown behavior that is bizarre, unstable, and incoherent. From her disastrous interview with Katie Couric (who asked such "gotcha" questions as "what magazines do you read" to her rambling resignation speech in which she failed to explain why she was resigning, she has been revealed as borderline crazy. She's folksy, attractive, and perky, but appears to know virtually nothing about the world, about politics, about history, or about policy.

i watched tha Couric interview......Couric was flat out hostile to Palin if you compare it to similar interviews she has done with other individuals.....she damn near looked like she wanted to kiss Michelle Obama during an interview a few days earlier....once again this was edited to show a bias....you do realize of 60% of communication has absolutly nothing to do with the words you say, has to do with tone of voice and body language....COuric went into the interview with a contempt and hostile intention towards Palin, none of which she showed towards and Democratic candidate.....Couric was gonna do everything she could to screw up Palin and once again we did not get to see an entire interview, we got to see the highlights the producers put together......well over 50% of most interviews never make it to print or TV....i can quote and edit anyone to make them look like a genius or a moron from the same interview.....

and if you thing news channels cant be liberal or conservative than your way out there....there is money to be made being a liberal network, there is money to be made being a conservative network.....very few are split 50-50.....

If there was no concern for the investigations then why the need to resign? Any way you slice a resignation doesn't look good. Even Larry Craig stuck it out - not literally of course... :D

I'm not going to argue that I was not swayed by Obamas hopeful message, especially in contrast to the vitriol coming out of the McCain campaign once Palin joined. I'm not thrilled with McCain but once Palin joined things got really ugly from their side and I really think had he picked someone else McCain likely would have won.

It isn't just Afghanistan, I heard that too of course but the continued drum beating with Iran, Pakistan, North Korea, etc.

Ideally what I'm after is someone willing to withdraw Americas imperialist tendrils from 90% of the countries it is messing about in and start fixing up our own place. We'd have more than enough money for the things I want done right there to take care of our own citizens. Neither parties are interested in doing this. The republicans want to take all the money and keep it for themselves and their rich friends and not help the citizens "cos that's welfare" and the Dems want to send it all off in foreign "aid" and let volunteers feed and medicate the poor here. Ya can't win with any of em! :(

hell i aint worried bout Iran.....Israel will take them out before it gets to bad......they have to if they are gonna survive......the saber rattling from North Korea is going into its second decade atleast.....Pakastan will likely be ok.....they know India has nukes and India knows they have nukes so unless there is a violent guberment overthrow in one of the two its likely to stay a stalemate for a long time to come.....Afghanistan is a lost cause, is and always will be a nation of tribes that arent ever gonna agree, just walk away and leave them to piddle along in their own ways killing each other....

in reality swords, its looking like you and i are gunning for the same ideals but dont agree on how to get there....

i watched tha Couric interview......Couric was flat out hostile to Palin if you compare it to similar interviews she has done with other individuals.....she damn near looked like she wanted to kiss Michelle Obama during an interview a few days earlier....once again this was edited to show a bias....you do realize of 60% of communication has absolutly nothing to do with the words you say, has to do with tone of voice and body language....COuric went into the interview with a contempt and hostile intention towards Palin, none of which she showed towards and Democratic candidate.....Couric was gonna do everything she could to screw up Palin and once again we did not get to see an entire interview, we got to see the highlights the producers put together......well over 50% of most interviews never make it to print or TV....i can quote and edit anyone to make them look like a genius or a moron from the same interview.....

and if you thing news channels cant be liberal or conservative than your way out there....there is money to be made being a liberal network, there is money to be made being a conservative network.....very few are split 50-50.....

Haha, just like old times, huh rattler? :poke:

Anyway, I could have answered those questions from Couric. I could have done so when I was in sixth grade. She's going to be Vice President, but goes "deer in the headlights" when asked simple questions? Anyway everything we saw there and elsewhere indicates she really is clueless. The "Game Change" revelations came from McCain staffers, not from Democrats. They came from the people who had to experience and manage it first-hand. They were concerned enough to have a doctor look at her to determine her mental state. Yikes.

Anyway, she is a "death panel" liar. For that alone, she should be shunned. She makes stuff up for political gain. Why would you want that on your news channel?

True, I'm not worried about any "threat" from these countries either but the US is continuing to create a situation of imposing it's will across the globe. Which not only costs us money and resources (human and otherwise), creates enemies ("terrorists") instead of allies and is contradictory to what Obama said he would be doing. Which is direct talks "summits" rather like Regan and Gorbichev and attempting to put things right. But all that seems to be happening is the same sort of "diplomacy" we've been having for the last 20 years - which includes both political parties administrations Bush 1.0, the Clintonbots and Bush V 2.0. McCains campaign never lead me to believe they were going to deviate from the current standard procedure but Obama did lead me to think there would be more direct dealings and so far I haven't really seen anything.

I saw somewhere on TV that no one since before Alexander the Great had been able to conquer Afganistan, I thought that was comical!

Yep, definately two shades of gray sometimes. IMO elected officials should vote the will of thier constituents and not for thier own beliefs, or thier parties' beliefs.

It is counter productive to have two parties. They always seem to take contrasting sides to every issue and elected officials usually fall under the party line on most votes even though it may be against the will of a majority of thier constituents. How is this consitutional? They were voted to represent the peoples will. Not thier parties, a lobbist, or a special interest groups will.

Americans are forced to choose a side based on what is important to them even though they may only agree with a portion of what the politician is selling. The common man's stance on issues are not always 100% republican or democratic. We are a melting pot of many races, creeds, and colors with a full spectrum of beliefs in tote. Act on the will of this party with the constitution and our founding fathers original purpose for it as our roadmap.

But, this is just my opinion.

With computerized voting and counting I don't see why most important laws/changes are not able to be voted on by each state's populace. We can vote a president into office in about six hours in a national election so it's not like it's impossible to hold off a floor vote off by 24 hours for the citizens to get up the next day and vote on a given topic. Then, however the votes of that state tally up is how the senator, congressman or whoever has to vote on the floor. That would eliminate much of their double dealing abilities, it wouldn't matter how many dollars a company gave a senator in lobbying donations, what his or her beliefs are, they would have to vote ya or nay by the citizens vote count alone.

Back