What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thar she blows! Sarah Palin joins Fox News team

9ea0cc14-820d-49b7-a8b7-924dec7887ad.jpeg

Bang! Zoom!

Sarah Palin takes Fox News commentator job

<!-- google_ad_section_end --> By RACHEL D'ORO Associated Press Writer The Associated Press
Monday, January 11, 2010 4:12 PM EST

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Sarah Palin, former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate, will return to her broadcast roots and take her conservative message to Fox News as a regular commentator, the cable channel announced Monday.

"I am thrilled to be joining the great talent and management team at Fox News," Palin said in a statement posted on the network's Web site. "It's wonderful to be part of a place that so values fair and balanced news."

Fox said that according to the multiyear deal, Palin will offer political commentary and analysis on the cable channel, as well as Fox's Web site, radio network and business cable channel.

She also will host occasional episodes of Fox News' "Real American Stories," a series debuting this year that the network said will feature true inspirational stories about Americans who have overcome adversity.

"Governor Palin has captivated everyone on both sides of the political spectrum and we are excited to add her dynamic voice to the FOX News lineup," Bill Shine, executive vice president of programming, said in a statement.

The network declined to say when Palin will start or how much she is being paid. Also unclear is how the arrangement will work, whether Palin will move to New York or commute from Alaska. Company representatives did not respond to calls seeking comment and Palin's spokeswoman, Meghan Stapleton, did not respond to e-mails seeking comment.
Palin, 45, is hugely popular with conservatives and has more than 1.1 million Facebook followers.

She stepped down as Alaska governor in July, 17 months before the end of her first term in office and less than a year after she vaulted to overnight fame as John McCain's running mate.

The bombshell resignation stunned even supporters and fueled widespread speculation on her next career step — with predictions ranging from seeking the presidency in 2012 to hosting a conservative talk show. She told Barbara Walters in November that a 2012 presidential bid was not on her radar but added she wouldn't rule out playing some kind of role in the next presidential election.

Since resigning, Palin has had colossal success with her best-selling memoir "Going Rogue," released four months after she left office. She finished a nationwide tour in December after hitting some of the political battleground states from the 2008 election and drawing thousands of fans.

If she were to seek the presidency, her new job would provide yet another stage from which to advance her conservative platform. Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, who sought the presidency in 2008, also hosts a talk show on Fox News and hasn't ruled out another run for president.

Palin majored in journalism with an emphasis on broadcasting at the University of Idaho and worked part-time as a weekend sportscaster in 1988 for KTUU-TV in Anchorage. She wasn't married at the time and used her maiden name Heath. The station's sports director, John Carpenter, said the young broadcaster left after a few months because of the low pay.

Carpenter said he was sorry to see her go. She was a hard worker who enjoyed the entire process, not just being in front of the cameras, he said.

"She knew sports, she could talk sports, she looked OK on TV," Carpenter said. "She had the aptitude, no question."

Palin's upcoming commentary career had her Facebook fans giddy with excitement Monday.
"Tell 'em like it is girl!!!!!!," one person wrote on a post.

"I look forward to seeing you on Fox....but I hope it doesn't prevent you from running in '12!," another wrote.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

So nobody thinks I'm picking just on her, my own states ex-Governor Jesse the body Ventura has his own TV show now all about conspiracies on TRU TV. LOL

Welcome aboard Sarah!

Fox News ratings will continue to climb while the Dinosaur Media will continue to falter.

Bring the Hammer down! :D

*Ahem* I believe it's Jesse "the mind" Ventura these days...

hey now, Jesse is good entertainment :D

Not being sarcastic, Jesse is one cool dude!
anyone who has a movie quote such as: "this stuff'll make you a sexual tyranasaur... just like me" rules in my book

I think Jesse ate too many magic mushrooms while watching You Tube conspiracy videos when he was in Hawaii for the last year! :D

actually i do kinda like Jesse.....i agree with a decent chunk of his stances......some of it is way out in left field though.....as i said good entertainment and from some of the interviews ive caught with him i think ild like to sit and have a BS session with the guy, seems like he would be fun to chat with......

As opposed to Al Franken, I can't even listen to his crap...

Conspiracy people are fun to talk to for a while but I worked with a whole company full of them when I used to be a lazer operator cutting plastic at my friends dad's company. Everyone there had something important to tell me about something nobody else knows...
The commies are coming but they're just not calling themselves that, The illuminati is coming, the trilateral commission is gonna sell my daughter into white slavery, aliens!, GOLD!, freemasons, the jew bankers... on and on every day... :crazy:

I think the fumes from the burning plastic was getting to them all. I had to get outta there before it got to me too! :D

maybe when palin ruins her "career" ( I used big air quotes with my fingers ) she can take fox news down also...

could we ever be so lucky?

You may notice most of us our cable bill went up because of FOX raising their access rates for networks. Mine went up two bucks for channels I don't watch, yet they removed Nat. Geographic from my basic cable lineup. One of the only 3 or 4 channels I do watch. :(

Hey, Maybe we should send Louis Griffin to expose her like she did Rush Limbaugh and found out the it was Fred Savage, and also Michael Moore, and a whole bunch of other people when she worked for FOX News. LOL.

This is just a random comment. Not meant to make sense, LOL.

maybe when palin ruins her "career" ( I used big air quotes with my fingers ) she can take fox news down also...

could we ever be so lucky?

One can only hope so. I'll keep my fingers crossed :-O

I wish she would just go away.

She won the political lottery because McCain needed someone other than a Mr. Burns lookalike to run with him... in my opinon anyways. I would consider myself a conservative but I can't stand her or most people for that matter in politics because they look good on camera or recite speeches written by someone other than them well. Frontmen and teleprompter readers are not what the world needs.

I am just glad we founded this country before television was invented...

Whew, Is that a vein popping out of my head.... OK, rant mode off.

i dont get the hate around here for Palin......she did in Alaska what some here thought Obama should do to DC......the democrats loved her as governor in Alaska....and she actually accomplished stuff up there where the only thing Obama had done was write a couple books

By Dewie Whetsell, Alaskan Fisherman.
As posted in comments on Greta's article referencing the MOVEON ad about Sarah Palin.

The last 45 of my 66 years I've spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska . I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics well until this last year. Here's the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets it. It's not about persona, style, rhetoric, it's about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that I'm about to mention here.

1. Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats, because as soon as Palin took the Governor's office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republican's "Corrupt Bastards Club" (CBC) and sent them packing. Many of them are now residing in State housing and wearing orange jump suits The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti and singing, "la la la la" (well, you know how they are). Name another governor in this country that has ever done anything similar?

2. Now with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaskan politicians to protect the huge, giant oil companies here. So she constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called "ACES." Exxon (the biggest corporation in the world) protested and Sarah told them, "don't let the door hit you in the stern on your way out." They stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course, the other huge international oil companies meekly fell in line. Again, give me the name of any other governor in the country that has done anything similar.

3. The other thing she did when she walked into the governor's office is she got the list of State requests for federal funding for projects, known as "pork." She went through the list, took 85% of them and placed them in the "when-hell-freezes-over" stack. She let locals know that if we need something built, we'll pay for it ourselves. Maybe she figured she could use the money she got from selling the previous governor's jet because it was extravagant. Maybe she could use the money she saved by dismissing the governor's cook (remarking that she could cook for her own family), giving back the State vehicle issued to her, maintaining that she already had a car, and dismissing her State provided security force (never mentioning - I imagine - that she's packing heat herself). I'm still waiting to hear the names of those other governors.

4. Now, even with her much-ridiculed "gosh and golly" mannerism, she also managed to put together a totally new approach to getting a natural gas pipeline built which will be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. No one else could do it although they tried. If that doesn't impress you, then you're trying too hard to be unimpressed while watching her do things like this while baking up a batch of brownies with her other hand.

5. For 30 years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a place called Point Thompson. They made excuses the entire time why they couldn't start drilling. In truth they were holding it like an investment. No governor for 30 years could make them get started. Then, she told them she was revoking their lease and kicking them out. They protested and threatened court action. She shrugged and reminded them that she knew the way to the court house. Alaska won again.

6. President Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50% renewables by 2025. We are already at 25%. I can give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to style and persona Everybody wants to be cool, sound cool, look cool. But that's just a cover-up. I'm still waiting to hear from liberals the names of other governors who can match what mine has done in two and a half years. I won't be holding my breath.

By the way, she was content to return to AK after the national election and go to work, but the haters wouldn't let her. Now these adolescent screechers are obviously not scuba divers. And no one ever told them what happens when you continually jab and pester a barracuda. Without warning, it will spin around and tear your face off. Shoulda known better.

You have just read the truth about Sarah Palin that sends the media, along with the democrat party, into a wild uncontrolled frenzy to discredit her. I guess they are only interested in skirt chasers, dishonesty, immoral people, liars, womanizers, murderers, and bitter ex-presidents' wives.

So "You go, Girl." I only wish the men in Washington had your guts, determination, honesty, and morals. I rest my case.

For me it's not what she has or has not done, or whatever political party she's with, it's her attitude, the overall impression. The full meal deal. The vibe she gives off is that she's a snotty girl. There's just no nice way to say it, she acts like a snotty smug little girl who's trying to ingratiate herself to the "common man".

Not to mention how she is always going on about her morality and the strength of her family, how truly American she is, blah blah blah. You shouldn't have to continually tell people this stuff about yourself. It's not important, at all. I would probably have more respect if she were a pole dancer at Church Of Satan luncheons and running an abortion clinic - just so long as she didn't go on and on about it all the time!
(Sidenote: The COS is actually anti-abortion imagine that!)

Fox actually has MN's old Miss America Gretchen Carlson who's a very well educated "rich elitist" but plays dumb to appeal to the TV watching masses. I don't like her either for many of the same reasons I don't like Palin. Top of the list is that smug fakeyness. I've dealt with office people like that and I can't stand that. But I think she'll be perfect for Fox news because everyone on there has that smugness about them that just drives me up the wall. When I read the story I actually thought "it took them long enough!" LOL

Rattler... I have to admit I do not know much about Palin. I can see why the media demonizes her. I may just have to eat my earlier words here as she sounds like one tough SOB who may be what is right for America. I am never ashamed to admit I was wrong. If your info is true as I would guess that it is, then I was wrong about her.

well swords Obama seems to be throwing lil tantrums when things dont go his way.......ill take someone that gets crap done even if i dont 100% agree with them versus someone that promises you the world but never tells yah how he is gonna do it....Palin was a known quantity if you took the time to actually look at her background......Obama is and always has been all talk, no action, typical Chicago politician......how many corupt SOB's for his staff did he try and get congress to approve? even when the Dems had the control Bush only couldnt get a single individual approved.....even with a Dem majority Obama had a hell of a time cause he kept putting his buddies up that were crooks....typical Chicago politician.....

Don't forget I still think they put electrodes in Obamas brain after he got elected. LOL In all honesty I haven't been much of a fan ever since. More wars and a 4% larger budget for "national defense" than Bush, piss poor excuse for universal healthcare, allowing polluters to pollute, letting the torturers walk, continued omniscience of the citizens... As you know, this is not what I voted for.

As far as "corrupt chicago politicians" goes, all politicians are corrupt. It's the nature of the game, politics is nothing but double-dealing and obfuscation. I hate to make blanket statements like that but I have never heard of a clean politician with no dirty laundry or not trying to hide what they're doing. Of course they're all going to talk about how corrupt the other guys are, that gives them time to hide their own skeletons in their closet. "Hey look at what THAT guy did" that way nobody will be looking at them as they do their own dirty deeds. After all Palins first term Governorship was so riddled with ethics violations she had to resign...

Back