What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hope and Change! woo!

There is hope yet for America..
returning from the brink..

icon-dancingparty.gif
icon-dancingparty.gif
icon-dancingparty.gif
icon-dancingparty.gif
icon-dancingparty.gif

Does this have anything to do with Mr. Scott Brown :) If so I am on board. Phew! Returning from the brink is right!

Phil

Thank god is right! We almost helped some people and you all know what the good book says about those help the poor, sick and hungry. Whew!

Thank god is right! We almost helped some people and you all know what the good book says about those help the poor, sick and hungry. Whew!

nice try at distortion and misdirection..but tonight's result shows that people are finally beginning to wake up and not believe that line anymore..so your attempt at sarcasm gets a:

768889527_NVjHH-O.jpg

even DEMOCRATS..in MASS! dont believe the lies anymore..
The truth shall set you free..

icon-dancingparty.gif
icon-dancingparty.gif
icon-dancingparty.gif
icon-dancingparty.gif
icon-dancingparty.gif

What is all this about?

How is it misdirection from the issue at all if that the triumphant note of the whole election is that essentially "now they can't pass healthcare reform" (even if not the package I wanted). His job is merely to stop that possibility along with anything else having to do with helping the public from getting done. I'm not rich enough to be an "independent"(Repulican), I make under 30K a year, republicans hate people like me (other than as troops and servile workers) so I don't understand what the attraction is. I don't count myself as a democrat either, all politics is BS, I only am for whoever can help the people or at least makes an attempt to help the real people - us wage slaves and poor people. Not mostly "small" business owners and other corporate friends earning in the top 1%.

How is it misdirection from the issue at all if that the triumphant note of the whole election is that essentially "now they can't pass healthcare reform" (even if not the package I wanted). His job is merely to stop that possibility along with anything else having to do with helping the public from getting done. I'm not rich enough to be a "independent"(Repulican), I make under 30K a year, republicans hate people like me so I don't understand what the attraction is. I don't count myself as a democrat either, I only am for whoever can help the people, the real ones - us wage slaves, not "small" business owners and other corporate friends.

To each his own. I know there are those that still feel President Obama has much to offer... then there are those that knew they were going to be in for a rough ride, but have found things are far worse than expected. I think Scot is right. The entire agenda (not just healthcare) has been exposed and people are starting to get scared and are questioning their original decision.

This senate seat was won in a state that is typically staunchly loyal to the liberal agenda. If a Republican won here you can bet much has changed since the president first took office. It is so much deeper than "Oh, well now the health care agenda will be shot down." This represents a major political climate shift in the most unlikely of places... President Obama's own people.

Phil

What exactly is the "whole Obama agenda"? Please lay it out for me in bullet point if possible because what I am seeing is more or less "America: business as usual" No more different than the last 20 years of American politics. I am not thrilled with Obama as I really thought he would be making far more sweeping changes and I am not seeing the system change much at all but follow essentially the Bush years part 3 just a different actor playing the president now, and that sucks I think.

Yeah. In my opinion, Obama is going off the deep end--in the debt sector at least. We have to pay off this 12.2 trillion dollar debt or $12,2**,***,***,***,***--not incur more (which is what he's doing)

I still don't get it, but as long as the Republicans are happy, I'm happy!

We have a LOOOOOONG way to go. Vote for candidates that will pay off our debt, and stop the rising deficit IMHO. We spend over 500 billion a year on this debt, roughly 1/4 of what the government rakes in. I think this info is still accurate.

Bush spent/borrowed the most money in US history to kick off these two pointless wars and then rebuilding those countries so imagine how great this place would be if we had spent that money on America!

Minneapolis bridges falling down, falling down, my fair lady! :D

Yeah. In my opinion, Obama is going off the deep end--in the debt sector at least. We have to pay off this 12.2 trillion dollar debt or $12,2**,***,***,***,***--not incur more (which is what he's doing)

I still don't get it, but as long as the Republicans are happy, I'm happy!

We have a LOOOOOONG way to go. Vote for candidates that will pay off our debt, and stop the rising deficit IMHO. We spend over 500 billion a year on this debt, roughly 1/4 of what the government rakes in. I think this info is still accurate.

Agreed. If I am not mistaken President Clinton balanced the budget. It can be done, but I fear between Former President Bush and now President Obama that the damage has already been done. You know something is terribly wrong when the government votes to increase the deficit cap :nono:

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Bush spent/borrowed the most money in US history to kick off these two pointless wars and then rebuilding those countries so imagine how great this place would be if we had spent that money on America!

True, but you seemed to be so passionate about what the good book said as far as helping people. Where in the good book does it limit this help to the United States of America?

Didn't someone have money left over ? Reagan or someone..

Where in the good book does it limit this help to the United States of America?
Ya got me there,we'll have to ask Pat Robertson for clarification as he's the real expert on the good books true meaning - I've heard him say it many many times. Pat was all for the original bombings and orchestrated coups of these countries that made rebuilding them necessary to begin with.

But like I said Obama doesn't seem to be changing from this course at all, which is highly disappointing. War isn't really "helping" anything other than to further an imperialist "nation building" (enemy creating) agenda. Britain finally tired of this game after a few hundred years so I wonder when America will.

"You know something is terribly wrong when the government votes to increase the deficit cap"

-Agreed! VERY, VERY TRUE! STOP THEM BARLOR!!!

what do you out of staters know about MA politics? Brown didn't win because the people of Massachusetts don't believe in Obama, and don't want health care reform. Brown won this election because he had a better campaign than Martha did. He won by 5 % of the vote, not an overwhelming win. He won the independent's vote because our democrat governor hasn't been doing a good job, and Martha was too comfortable with her lead in the early polls and didn't campaign the way Brown did. He knows people love sports in this town so he had Curt Schilling and Doug Flutie campaigning for him. He used his daughter Ayla Brown to refute Coakley's attack ad's on abortion (brilliant on Brown's part). Brown claims to be a family man but where was his wife?! I only saw his 2 daughters, not to mention turns out he did some nude modeling in the 80's. Martha the attorney general was not fit to be a senator, she was not in touch with the lower middle class, or in touch with the politics of Washington DC. I hated both candidates to be honest, had congressman mike capuano been the demomcrat running I bet you would be complaining how the democrats have a majority in the senate. Premier Bush's war of terror got us into this debt in the first place, I believe we actually had a surplus before Bush, or at least a balanced budget after clinton. Bush's out of control spending on military put us over the edge, not to mention business model....mission accomplished in Iraq?

what do you out of staters know about MA politics? Brown won this election because he had a better campaign than Martha did. He won by 5 % of the vote, not an overwhelming win. He won the independent's vote because our democrat governor hasn't been doing a good job, and Martha was too comfortable with her lead in the early polls and didn't campaign the way Brown did. He knows people love sports in this town so he had Curt Schilling and Doug Flutie campaigning for him. He used his daughter Ayla Brown to refute Coakley's attack ad's on abortion (brilliant on Brown's part). I hated both candidates to be honest, had congressman mike capuano been the demomcrat running I bet you would be complaining how the democrats have a majority in the senate. Premier Bush's war of terror got us into this debt in the first place, I believe we actually had a surplus before Bush. Bush's out of control spending on military put us over the edge, not to mention business model....mission accomplished in Iraq?

I don't buy the whole argument that out of staters don't have access to the same information you do about politics. You don't have an amazing revelation reserved only for the state of MA. Regardless of how it went down 5% may not be an overwhelming win, but it is a significant one. Really at this point numbers don't matter. What is overwhelming in itself is the fact that he won. A Republican has not been elected for a seat in the Senate in MA since 1972. In other words, this is a historic win and not one that should be played down by any means.

Clinton never had a surplus that was handed off to Bush. At no point during the Clinton administration did we not have a deficit. Clinton didn't pay down the national debt; on the contrary, it increased. He paid down public debt. There is a big difference.

Let's face it... Obama did not have a cheap start did he?

"I don't buy the whole argument that out of staters don't have access to the same information you do about politics. You don't have an amazing revelation reserved only for the state of MA."

You may have access to information about where Scott Brown stands on hot issues like gov't spending, war, and health care based on the internet or on national news channels like FOX or CNN, MSNBC, etc. but did you get to see all the attack ad's put on by both parties non stop? Were you solicited for votes non stop for the last 2 weeks via annotated voice msg's? Did you get the news from BOSTON based news stations who interviewed the candidates about themselves about where they grew up and the towns they live in currently?...aka how the represent the people of MA - BS both are wealthy and don't worry about forclosure, paying the bills, and getting loans to pay for their children's education. (yes Scott Brown's town of Wrentham is a bit run down, but not where he lives) (Yes martha lives in a well to do town so she doesn't have a clue about joe the plumber's problems). Did your information tell you about the 4 democrats and 2 republicans that started the race? I bet they only covered the final 2 dem vs rep. Did you know it was discovered that Brown's party had ballots already filled out for him and gave them to voters? Why is it a huge deal a republican won in MA, because we traditionally vote democrat does not mean we are always democrat (Mitt Romney?) In fact the democrats have themselves to thank for losing the public vote of confidence here (chuck turner, sal dimaisi, diane wilkerson, deval patick.. want to tell me about them?). As I said, Brown won because he had a better run campaign, it has less to do with health care reform and Obama's agenda than you think... Fact is he won independent votes and conservative democrats because he had a better campaign based on limiting gov't spending, creating jobs, increasing troops in afghanistan, AND reworking the health care bill, not killing it altogether... although fox news would have you believing differently! if you think the people of MA really are disenchanted with Obama and therefore voted Brown into the Senate because he blocks things Obama wants do you are very wrong. How about Bush's war of terror, where has that gotten us, oh yeah trillions of dollars in debt maybe, countless lives lost? Where have the golden parachutes gotten us? How about the Patriot Act, really seems that it worked at stopping richard reed, and that guy from Nigeria from getting on airplanes! I am not saying I agree with all the spending that's being done on capital hill now, nor am I saying I support everything Obama does. What I am saying is wise up if you think MA is such a raging liberal state and that Brown's win reflects what all of America thinks about Obama and his agenda. His win is really not that historic in MA more or less a deviation from the norm (lets see if we stay republican in 2 years, my guess no, although I wouldn't be surprised if a republican stayed on) and I will bet our next governor will be a republican who I'll probably vote for...just because he is a republican that won by a small margin in what has been a traditionally democratic state doesn't make it a huge historic event... Brown ran a better campaign, had a better debate, caught fire last week, and won by 5%...coakly didn't do anything to better her campaign until it was too late nor did she have the same fire or appeal to blue collar workers and business executives that Brown did. its really that simple, she tanked and wasn't a good choice for the democrats, where as Brown caught lighting in a bottle and campaigned hard in the suburbs where he needed to (yes he did win teddy's old district too).

Back