What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I plant dafodil bulbs now?

Someone just dropped off a huge bag of daffodil bulbs for me to plant in the church flowerbed. The plants that we had there in the fall died when frost came and no one has gotten around to planting anything for the winter. Usually we put something like pansies during the winter. Anyway, daffodils are supposed to be planted in the fall for blooming in the spring. If I plant them now, what will they do?

If you can work the ground yes, plant them.

Its warm here, getting into the 80s already. I can work the ground definitely. I've googled it and everything I find says they won't do well if planted now though. So I don't know what to do. They like for this flowerbed to be full of blooming flowers. If they aren't going to grow and bloom I don't need to plant them

They may not do much this coming growing season but they will right themselves for the following year.

Back