What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who else is expecting this year?

Well im a little in a rut because of it, but im doing what i can to make the necessary changes to give my upcoming child a happy life. i figure its about time for me to come out with it anyway lol. my fiance is 3 months along now, so far so good. healthy and everything, already kicking a bit when we watch the ultrasounds....pretty exciting, and im pretty nervous, parents are all sorts of out of whack because of it, but they will adjust to their son being a father and likewise with her parents, with their daughter being a mother.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, my God! Congratulations! 3 months already, eh? So your fiance will be expecting around July, correct? Wow, how exciting. Please keep us updated! :D

Well... wow, congratualations, I'm sure you'll be a good father, and that you have great CP's you can teach him the value of nature hehe.

Anyways all the luck!

Congratulations Dad and Mom, and best regards,:-D
healthy, happy wishes for the new family member.

Congrats man, I wish you the best of luck!

Congratulations Kris, that's amazing news! All the best to you and the miss's, and just one suggestion: communication... it'll solve everything, and prevent a lot more. I wish you health and happiness to the three of you!

Congratulations and best wishes. Start the kid's college fund now. Wait a second -- I thought you were still in high school.

Congrats buddy!

Congratulations, Kris. I hope that you and your fiance will have a happy, healthy baby.

Who else is expecting this year?
My sister, along with her boyfriend, are expecting in 2010; my sister is about 3.4 months pregnant. They've already picked out names for their baby. If it's is a boy, he'll be Brian Benjamin. If it's a girl, she'll be Sarah Jane. I hope that their baby will be nice and healthy, too. :)

. Wait a second -- I thought you were still in high school.

He's been Taking Extra credit Classes .........:-))

Congarts Kris

Daren

my wife is fixed so ive just got my stepdaughters.....however one of my sisters has a baby due in August that i plan on royally corrupting :grin:

Good luck with your new adventure! I remember the people who had them when we were young had a pretty tough time of it. Everything worked out OK, it's just a lot to jump into as a youngster. I'm 34 and definitely not ready for kids yet. Taking my cousin into the city to see the reptile store every so often is fun and all but I like that I can drop her off back at home later in the day! LOL

I have not experienced anything as life altering as becoming a parent. Nothing compares to the level of change that takes place. Social activities largely cease to exist; you hemorrhage money on diapers to daycare to a college fund; your anxiety level grows exponentially due to your concern over the wellbeing of this little person; sleep??.... However, the feeling of your child sleeping in your arms has no equal.

Personally I cannot imagine becoming a parent at your age as I simply was far to immature let alone no means of financial support. You seem more grounded than I was but still it'll not be easy. Hopefully you have, or will eventually obtain, the support of both families. Don't be too proud to ask for help or advice from those you see as good parents. Parenting is sometimes instinctual but often the advice from someone experienced can go a long way at resolving issues.

Interested in trading plants for diapers?? :)

Lastly, Fruit Loops with breast milk. Don't over think it, just do it.

Congrats man! It will be a life changing experience, no doubt. :banana2:

I'm 33 and still childless. Being a daddy still seems scary to me. But with that said, my wife and I are pursuing IVF. It's expensive, so we are saving for the procedure itself, but all preliminary tests look promising. Hopefully I'll be joining the dad club in the next year or two.

Congrats. It's perfectly normal to be scared. It's not that hard, except for getting enough sleep. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Having a copy of "what to expect when you are expecting" or other comprehensive books is helpful. You'll do fine. I know what will help. lets break it down like plants.

Lowland conditions.

Light and humidity - Partial light on approx 12 hours on/off cycles. Moderate humidity 30-75%

Water - RO formula or breast milk. Don't let them dry out completely between waterings,
very important.

Substrate -Cotton bedding. Change when soiled.

Temp - 80 days
70 nights

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

I forgot. DO NOT TRY TO PROPOGATE WITH PULLINGS !!! It's very messy.

congrats from me too man! im not expecting.... at least i hope not anyways haha. one of my really close friends is 5 and half months along and shes getting big. shes so pumped for her soon to be son too! all the best from me and remember.... give him/ her some slack... you were one once too ;) and we need pics too!

Alex

Kris, congratulations, and good luck. Regardless of your religious outlooks, things happen for a reason. I wish you best of luck as you share life with a new person, and my thoughts will be with you as you enter into a new stage of your life. Please keep us all updated as things progress, and good luck! Remember, you have many friends here, and I'm sure we will all be more than happy to lend a hand, or an ear, if you need it.

Throwing in my 2 cents as well... Here goes! First of all, like all have said, congratulations are in order! A new life is being brought into this world and THAT is a miraculous thing indeed! As with all things there will be obstacles as you know but you have plenty of friends here who are willing to listen and friends and family nearby as well. I can honestly say that I am jealous; I would love nothing more than to be a daddy. So, CONGRATS! Don't be too scared but don't be complacent! And ENJOY being a father to be!

Well im a little in a rut because of it, but im doing what i can to make the necessary changes to give my upcoming child a happy life. i figure its about time for me to come out with it anyway lol. my fiance is 3 months along now, so far so good. healthy and everything, already kicking a bit when we watch the ultrasounds....pretty exciting, and im pretty nervous, parents are all sorts of out of whack because of it, but they will adjust to their son being a father and likewise with her parents, with their daughter being a mother.....

I didn't even realize you were engaged. When did that happen? Do you have a date for the wedding yet? Good luck. If you can survive the wedding planning you should be golden for anything else! lol. Regardless, just keep open communication and set expectations for your relationship. Also, openly discuss individual and team priorities. As Dicky Fox said in Jerry McGuire, the key to life is personal relationships. I can't find the YouTube video, but this is another great Dicky Fox quote that you might consider watching if you are in a rut.

But with that said, my wife and I are pursuing IVF. It's expensive, so we are saving for the procedure itself, but all preliminary tests look promising. Hopefully I'll be joining the dad club in the next year or two.

My sister and brother-in-law have been trying to add to their family for five or six years now. They tried everything including invitro and whatever else (holistic healing, anyone?). They have also been on the adoption list for about a year and were just told they were matched with a couple (17 and 19 years old) and as long as everything goes as planned they will finalize everything in March when the baby girl is born. Good luck, nightsky. It is a long and difficult (not to mention expensive) process, but obviously rewarding.

My wife and I are most definitely not expecting, lol. We are 28 and have no plans for it right now. A couple of years ago we stopped trying to "not have a baby" for a couple of months and then decided to wait some more.

xvart.

Back