What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D gaming!

Ngantnier

Formerly pond boy
I got some of those free anaglyph red\cyan glasses at Target, and downloaded the Nvidia stereoscopic drivers. Man this is awesome! I played RE5 and Call of duty 2 and the depth is really cool! I definately recomend trying it out if you have an 8000 or later series nvidia card. The only issues I've run into are it seems to lower the framerate a bit, makes the colors a bit less vibrant, and "clipping" looks reall bad in 3D. Now I want to buy one of those nice plastic pairs of glasses. Probably buy them on Amazon as I still have $10 on a gift card.

Could you do something similar on an XBOX or does it need a certain graphics card?

My son might like it. He play COD quite a bit.

I think it only works with nvidia graphics card 8000 series and higher.

I think I'll wait until I can just plug into a VR machine. Who needs glasses when you have a plug? :-O

xvart.

I was looking at some sunglasses that are supposed to have color LCD screens in them so you can have one or both eyes on a movie or PC screen or looking out at the world. You could put a 8" wireless palmtop and lazer projector keyboard/mouse surface in your coat pocket with the glasses on and be online all the time. Bad while driving I suppose. :D

Back