What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My brother poured glue all over my plants

• Thread starter Wolfn
  • Start date

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
I woke up this morning, checked my plants. Everything was fine. I go get my hair-cut and go to Walmart to buy a DVD and some ice-cream supplies. I get home, I check on my plants. They are all covered with a white Elmer's Glue.

My brother says that he didn't do it, but he was the only one home.

wow... that sucks.. and that's really, really, REALLY mean... did you do anything to make him mad at you? I hope your plants are okay.

wow... that sucks.. and that's really, really, REALLY mean... did you do anything to make him mad at you? I hope your plants are okay.

I didn't do anything. When he was in the shower, I told him that I was going to run some errands, and he just said "whatever"

wow...... that's very uncalled for. how old is he?? just wondering...

Sorry about that Wolf... that really stinks. Did you wash it all off?

That sucks! Hopefully it hadn't set yet? Kinda reminds me of my sister, when she was 5 she gave all of my fish "tail cuts" the poor things were cut down to their caudal peduncles! I think only my corydors made it.

Time to show the prick who's boss. Sorry he did that to your plants. I hope they continue to grow and recover

wow...... that's very uncalled for. how old is he?? just wondering...

He's 20, but he has anger problems and has been seeing a psychiatrist about it. However, i don't think it's working because it's not the worst thing he's done.

Sorry about that Wolf... that really stinks. Did you wash it all off?

I tried, but it's in the soil and all over the leaves. The ones that were hit the hardest are my Mexican Pinguicula, because it's in the growing point and soaked in the soil.

He's 20, but he has anger problems and has been seeing a psychiatrist about it. However, i don't think it's working because it's not the worst thing he's done.

He sounds like he needs a beating or an encounter with Jesus. Either one could work. ;)

I tried, but it's in the soil and all over the leaves. The ones that were hit the hardest are my Mexican Pinguicula, because it's in the growing point and soaked in the soil.

The biggest problem is going to be getting it out of the soil. You might have to repot. If you can do that, I'm guessing that your plants will probably recover. If it is on the leaves of the pings, wipe off as much glue as possible and do not allow it to dry out. White glue is essentially protein. The pings may digest the remainder if it kept damp.

-Hermes.

20!? Has he never suffered any repercussions from some crappy thing he's done or does everyone just say "oh it's OK you really shouldn't do that".

Making him pay you back for your all your plants may teach him a lesson without resorting to fisticuffs. If he has no money tell him he can just give you $_____ worth of his stuff to cover the price of your plants until you're sure your plants are going to recover. If the plants live he gets his stuff back, if not it goes to the pawn shop to replace your plants.

Once that's over get your own place! LOL

hhhmmm... did you tell him how much time and money it took to grow and get those plants and stuff?? even though he says he didn't do it?

Nah, if he says he didn't do it, then he must be telling the truth. ;) The Magic Elmers Glue Bottle floated and somehow spilled directly onto your plants, it was cursed.

With the pings, I'd say your only chance is to repot them. Wash the roots and leaves, perhaps even let the plants soak for a while in distilled water.

Then, get your revenge!!! :D

Hope all goes well, sorry to hear what happened.

I'm going to repot what I can tomorrow and trim leaves covered in glue and stuff.

However, I see my Drosera Graminifolia is digesting the glue. The glue is running down the leaf and all the tentacles are curling over it.

If anything dies, he's paying for new ones.

someone needs to learn that he isn't the center of the universe.......
dang...kids these days--always presuming a sense of entitlement.

i do hope your plants survive. good thing it was just elmers...could have been much worse. much much worse.

Glue... man, that's just messed up. Try rubbing the leaves with a moist cotton swab, because Elmer's Glue isn't waterproof. As Jon said, you're lucky it's only Elmers, because he may as well have unpotted your plants and hot glued your plants to each other in a ball... you may want to tell a higher authority about what your brother did. ;)

Sell your brother and use the profits to buy a 3"-6" N.lowii :-))

Sell your brother and use the profits to buy a 3"-6" N.lowii :-))

nah....dont think he'd make enough. his brother's 20--way past his prime. nobody wants to buy a 20 year old. hahahahaha.....

but in all fairness, i do hope your brother get's the help that he needs--and im sure a quick and brutal lesson in consequences would get the ball rolling.

wait so what did he achieve by doing this ?? did you get him p.o.'d before?

That is sad that he is 20. Sounds like something a 4 year old would do and not a 20 year old.

It is natural for brothers to fight during childhood, at least I think it is. That is what me and my two brothers did. But at 20 you would think he would have started to show some maturity. Hopefully when and if he grows up, you guys will have a good relationship.

In the meantime. I would suggest perhaps buying a lock for your door, with your parents permission of course. Perhaps offer to give them a key to seal the deal. Just to keep your brother out and give you a safe place to get away from him.

Good luck.

Back