What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do I have to go to jail for 5 Kilos?

I was getting ready to start taking all my stuff out to the garage today to prep for remodelling and building the new terrarium wall and I found this bale on my doorstep:
LFSbale1.jpg

LFSbale2.jpg

There was already a tiny hole in the bag so hopefully a sniffer dog already went over it so there's no pounding on my door at 3 am tonight... What the hell is wrong with people they can't use an outside shipping box. :(

FYI it's "5 kilos" of Chilean orchid moss sold by Ebayer ShermanTP in WI. If you buy request an outter box.

LOL you always have the best posts. This one is classic. I hear you though. It was embarassing picking up plants at my old apartments. I swear the staff there thought that I was growing weed.

Phil

That's a bestly bail of sphag!

Mist Orchids always sends replacement bulbs in the retail box with just an address sticker on it so you there you have a box sitting on your step screaming HYDROPONIC GROWLIGHT for everyone to see as they walk by. They did it to me twice, so next time I need a monster sized replacement CFL bulb I'm ordering from elsewhere. Luckily my mailman knows me, otherwise...

That is the same way I get my LFS. It's a weird way to ship.
LOL about the CFL.
I have over 300 watts of floro lights in my grow space, It lights up the street at night.
They are all in a window facing the street/sidewalk and I have had people ask if I was growing illegal plants:)
I bet the police have come by for a closer look.
Peace,
Zero

and I have had people ask if I was growing illegal plants:)

So have I, and I'm sure most everyone here has as well at least a couple times but what kills me is: If I were, why in the world would I tell you ? lol

I hate ordering CFL replacement bulbs for that reason. :p At least MH bulbs are more discrete.

-Hermes

LOL, you'll be rich selling that much "stuff" on the streets. 5 kilos goes a long way, hahahaha

LOL, you'll be rich selling that much "stuff" on the streets. 5 kilos goes a long way, hahahaha

Once you pay the protection money, bribe the cops to look the other way, and pay the lease on the pimp mobile, there won't be much left. Economists have determined that most dealers end up living in their parent's basement. Given the choice between being a dealer, an independent software developer, and flipping burgers at McDonalds, you are best off flipping burgers.

-Hermes

I see Hermes has been reading Freakonomics! :D

I bought my dad that book for Xmas a couple years ago, I had to read some of it. I think there is now a followup book as well.

LOL. Nice topic.

I have over 300 watts of floro lights in my grow space, It lights up the street at night.
They are all in a window facing the street/sidewalk and I have had people ask if I was growing illegal plants:)
Peace,
Zero

Hahaha... I remember seeing a picture of your indoor growing space right by the window.

When I get my new wall-thing built the tank fronts may be visible from the window since they will be lined up end to end along the long wall and not around the corner from the window on the short wall like the plant shelf is nowadays. They'll be radiating some 880 - 1320 watts of T5 depending what fixture setups I get 4 or 6 tubes (maybe two of each type).

I'm on the second floor so any snoops will have to be on ladders ...or busting down the door with a battering ram and search warrant! :D

That is the same way I get my LFS. It's a weird way to ship.
LOL about the CFL.
Peace,
Zero
I had CPs growing under a MH light in a bedroom window facing the street, which would shine down into my front garden. I used to observe people walking by looking up and I could guess what they were thinking! I eventually moved it through fear that someone might think it's worth breaking in.

Lol! I wonder what the neighbors think about the habitat light for the bluebelly? It's above the GH, so they'd fall through it's roof trying to snoop.

Back