What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How well do Sars do the year after being divided?

I have grown sars for many years, but I have never divided them, only repotted them into bigger and bigger pots as they have grown. I have divided a lot of them over the fall and winter, and I have also aquired many new ones from divisions. So how much is this going to affect them? Will they grow like normal, or are they going to be small and stunted this year?

Most of mine grew normal. I would guess it has a lot to do with how much root mass makes it. I have had hardy divisions flower the same year that I divided. It happened again this year!

some have some pretty good roots, but other have none at all, they are just rhizome/growth point.

Plant the rhizome and keep it above 50 and don't let it sit in water, it should sprout babies if it has roots. The growth points without roots will come out weak in the spring. Keep them out of the wind until they grow roots.

some have some pretty good roots, but other have none at all, they are just rhizome/growth point.

Thanks for the info. I haven't babied them at all. They are sitting right out there in the wind and below freezing weather. So we'll see. They may take it hard, but hopefully no deaths. Especially as much as some of them cost! So far my most expensive one is Reptilian Rose. I know there are more expensive ones out there, but so far thats the highest I've gone, 75 bucks.

Back