What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R.I.P Captain Phil Harris

Quite sad news, im not sure how many people here watched the deadliest catch, i watched it rather religiously and Phil was my favorite person on the show, he passed away after complications from a stroke he had on the 29th of January. They put him into a coma after a 12 hour surgery, he passed away last night.

he did ?? he was the best guy on deadliest catch :( the show was on way to much though

i never minded that it was on a lot, i have 3 family members in the crab fishing business....so it gave me a look on what it was like, crab fishing is one of those things i want to do before i die...

yaa i dont think i will lol :D

It's a shame! He was also one of my favorite captins (next to the crew of brothers). So is the life of a crab fisherman!

too bad he passed away... part of life though no?

this is one of those shows where I always asked myself " how the hell does anyone watch this? "

kind of like the ice trucking show...

i just dont get it.

Ahh, that's really sad. He and Sig were probably my two favorites.

crab fishing is one of those things i want to do before i die...
Me too! That along with climbing Everest...

Sig is my second favorite lol.
everest, i would love to do it if i could. lol

Such is life...

When you smoke 50000000 packs of cigarettes a day.
Have the most stressful job on the planet.
Drink like a... sailor?

I enjoy the show too, and am not making light of his death. I'm sure its going to be real rough for him and his family, they all seemed so close, but, those are some interesting points that probably need pointed out.

smoke like that, down caffeine like that, have a high stress job like that and that kinda thing can happen.....however he was doing what he loved and didnt suffer long......hope its the same for me in the end RIP....

Back