What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new ride!

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
I've been without a car since my Cadillac was stolen in Vegas 4 years ago. And for the last 2 years I couldn't drive even if I wanted to because of my leg surgeries. But come Monday, I'm buying myself a new ride! I'm so excited I had to tell someone, and since all of you are really the only friends I have, YOU WIN!!

I'm going to take the topper off and throw some new rims on, and add some whitewalls. But other than that, here's my new-ish 1990 Chevy S10.

IMG00002-20100311-1533-1.jpg

Um... starting a funeral delivery service...?

Nice!
im driving a '99 Chevy S10..its been a fine truck, no complaints..

based on the round-ish front end on yours, it looks newer than a '90..
lets see..some quick googling says..1990 - 1993 have a very flat, square front end..
yours is a '94, '95, '96 or '97..

Scot

Nice!
im driving a '99 Chevy S10..its been a fine truck, no complaints..

based on the round-ish front end on yours, it looks newer than a '90..
lets see..some quick googling says..1990 - 1993 have a very flat, square front end..
yours is a '94, '95, '96 or '97..

Scot

I thought he said '90.. but I don't listen so well. I'll figure it out and let you know when I post the pic of it untopped and in my driveway! :-D

Um... starting a funeral delivery service...?

no, the kid I'm buying it from just has it on there. Like I said, it's coming off. I'll put it on for camping trips up north and winter time.

Okay, there's gotta be a story here!

I'll tell you the whole thing over a beer sometime.

That's a sensible sized truck that I wouldn't mind having. Could carry good sized lumber/aquariums in that. And it's in the best color possible! :D

A 72 year old guy I work with had his square fronted Chevy S10 redone in the green and yellow John Deer colors... guess I don't have the images online anymore to show ya.

I know, right. If I could pick any color I'd still go with black.

that's a kick axe topper. i'd keep that bad boy on!

Well.. I took my new girl out last night to break her in. Took her off roading and got stuck in the mud for a good 3 hours!! SHE'S OFFICIALLY MY TRUCK! New speakers and CD player coming this weekend. Now all I need is some new rims and I'll be all set.

After a good wash..
100_2835-1.jpg

Sounds "fun"! LOL

I took my car in this morning for a $25 oil change and got 4 new tires and some sorta spring for the left strut or something. After $500 I officially have a "new" ride too! :D

Well.. I took my new girl out last night to break her in. Took her off roading and got stuck in the mud for a good 3 hours!! SHE'S OFFICIALLY MY TRUCK! New speakers and CD player coming this weekend. Now all I need is some new rims and I'll be all set.

After a good wash..
100_2835-1.jpg

trust me.. this baby needs more than $500 worth of work. It's got a new-ish engine, new tires, and new brakes. But the transmission will probably go in the next year or two.. And I'm already getting a new windshield on Friday.

Last august my antifreeze cable popped off while I was flying down the highway and that set the engine on fire so I did "just" pay $2800 too... :(

I've been through 3 of these trucks... I started off with an 86 GMC S-15 as my first vehicle that I bought for $250 from Magma mine company when I was 14. By the time I was old enough to drive I already had it fixed up decently, except for all the rust *cough* all the body mounts were rusted through and the body sat directly on the frame instead of on the mounts *cough* I had dropped that truck (was already pretty low) but got tired of getting stuck on stuff and the super weak 4 banger.
So a couple short years later I picked up a 1983 Chevy S-10 4x4 (first year they did 4x4), this is when I was an auto tech so I built up the 2.8l v-6 and it was still waaay too weak. It was an alright looking truck by the time I sold it though, especially for a '83.
After that I moved on to an extended cab 2001 Chevy S-10 with the 4.3l vortech, now that was a nice motor! I really didn't get all extreme on this truck like I had the prior but it was lifted some and a few minor things to it.
Once I married my highschool sweetheart and girlfriend for many years we decided it was time to get something that car seats could fit in so we went on the hunt of full size trucks and really didn't find any that had a lot of space in the back. So we ended up at a 2003 Dodge dakota 4x4 quad cab- it's amazing how much room is in the back seat and the rear doors open up 90degree very nice! And that's where I sit today. bottom line, I like the S-10s... my last one with the v6 vortech could kill my current one with the v8 no problem.... But this one sounds better *grin*
Andrew

PS then there is the street legal buggy for playing around in, but I think I'm going to sell it this year.

nobody likes a bragger.. :-D

Hey man, just letting you know I like S-10s ??? yes, I'm a vehicle person. Even though I don't do auto tech for a living anymore.. I still most definitely do it. Have more tools now than when I quit that job. I may even enjoy it more now.

I'm just messing with ya bro.. I'm actually quite jealous of you and your very nice toys. I've always wanted a truck, having lived in Michigan my whole life. AND NOW I'VE FINALLY GOT ONE!! :boogie:

Quite a bit of work to get them there though. A great benefit to knowing how to do stuff yourself. But you gotta have help! This is a few months back when I was changing out the camshafts.... I would have never finished had help not shown up!! I would love to see that truck of yours off road BTW!
22234420044_large.jpg

lol.. too cute.

Well, you gotta keep them working or they think everything is free! I starting working very young and have not ever had anything given to me... they will be raised the same way. You gotta start by knowing how to maintain and fix a vehicle! The washings were on different days BTW- they gotta take turns helping dad with that... Generally I hand wash though- then you gotta do your waxing every 3-5 months of Jax wax to keep it looking good :-D

Back