What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite out of town food chain?

• Thread starter dashman
  • Start date
I live in a small city in Central California (population 51,467). My favorite place to eat, out of town, is Sizzler. I always get their salad bar + a mini steak. Back when I lived in San Jose, my favorite place to eat was Super Taqueria. I loved their carne asada burritos. In my home town, there aren't that many good choices for fast food. I currently like Rally's double Rally burgers. Apparently I'm a sucker for tasty red meat.

Although if there is a chain I do like...

Hey Hermes actually said he liked something! Put a star on the calendar! :D J/K

I think Carl's Jr used to be called Hardee's when it was around here - they have the same burgers anyway.

I love Red Lobster (crab & lobster yum!) but alas, $50 for a single meal is far too rich for me - I can eat for a week on that but I'd eat there if I had the dough to blow on just food. Sometimes one of my parents treats me to RL on my birthday and that's good enough for me.

I had Chipotle one time but it tasted/smelled like they boiled their rice in vinegar so I ate about 4 bites, tossed it and never went back.

I like Chinese buffets but they have to be hot, I hate lukewarm or cold food.

I live in a small city in Central California (population 51,467). My favorite place to eat, out of town, is Sizzler. I always get their salad bar + a mini steak. Back when I lived in San Jose, my favorite place to eat was Super Taqueria. I loved their carne asada burritos. In my home town, there aren't that many good choices for fast food. I currently like Rally's double Rally burgers. Apparently I'm a sucker for tasty red meat.
you consider 51467 small!!!!!!! wow my town must be a ghost town. we have 1200 in the entire county. personally i like red lobster too but the one nearest to us is 3.5 hours away.

Red Lobster is good for us inland folk who have no idea what seafood is. It is good, but nothing compared to what you can find on the coasts.

Red Lobster is actually owned by a large company called Darden foods. They own Red Lobster and Olive Garden and a few more I think. I used to deliver produce in college as a summer job so you pick these things up. They are truly a corporate machine, very clean and efficient. Most of thier stuff is precooked or parboiled (1/2 way cooked). Except for the seafood, which really is fresh. I always liked walking into thier coolers. They would have live rock lobsters in plastic tubs over ice in thier walk-ins just chillin out. :)

I always feel bad for the lobsters.

I'll bet seafood is way cheaper on the coast too. It's not fair you guys should have to pay $50 for a cheeseburger dinner since we have all the cows here in the midwest! lol

why dopnt we all try some fat burger or "phat" it' s in the old school Ice Cube video "today was a good day" right around when he did the 3 wheel motion on the green 64 if that can refresh memories

um, I remember when that Hammer-Time rap guy advertised for Taco Bell in the 1980s or so! :D

eh just try some texas barbecue to sooth urges of giant steak chunks

We have a independent Texas style BBQ place here stared by one guy, he still runs it. I don't remember the name I just know where it is. I always get the loaded baked potato, it's a huge potato with BBQ meat, cheese, onions, sour cream I can't even eat the whole thing sometimes. He tells me it's supposed to be a "side dish" LOL Now I want one! :D

u know swords it is considered extremely rude to make another friend drool specially when no such place exits near me !!!!! stop it!!!! haha

El Maguey from when I lived in MO and Pierce's Pit from when I lived in VA, although I'm not sure that one's actually a chain or not.

I don't like very many chains but chipotle and in-n-out burger are great.

I second In-n-out Burger, the place rules! There's a topping to their fries that's obscene.

Also there's something about getting breakfast at a Crackerbarrel when you're on the road

When I lived in San Jose, I used to eat at Flames and Rock N Tacos. I used to love the Cajun Pasta at Flames, and the Mahi Mahi Burrito at Rock N Tacos. There was an awesome burrito place in Menlo Park, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name of it.

-Hermes.

Back