What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's official I'm moving to Toronto...

Well, as of today, it's official. I'm moving to Toronto.

So, it looks like I'm going to need to get a visa for my wife, a quarantine certificate for my pet rabbit, and a CITES export permit for my plants. Does anyone know where to begin with the CITES permit? I know I need it for the neps and sarrs, but do I also need it for the VFT, pings, utrics, and dews? Any help with this process would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Hermes.

Well I hope you'll enjoy it here! As we talked before keep an open mind!

Yeah have a safe flight with the bunny! may i know the critters name? male of female? U know Hermes maybe the department of wildlife and fish (or something like this, or it sounds like it) can better help you with the needed info

i thought cites and export were done through the USDA. i dont know how it all works though.

~billy

You need to contact the USDA to find out what you need. CITES maybe, but export permit from the US and probably import permit from Canada officials. But talk to them at the USDA and see what they tell you.

Yeah have a safe flight with the bunny! may i know the critters name? male of female? U know Hermes maybe the department of wildlife and fish (or something like this, or it sounds like it) can better help you with the needed info

We're driving up (with all our stuff). The bunny's name is Gwenni. She's a sweet little mini rex. I already know that I have to get the quarantine cert from our vet. The rabbit is the easiest part of this move. With the CITES permit, I think I only need an export permit from the USDA. The visa for the wife.... whoa!!!! Talk about monstrous paperwork! :censor:

Anyway, here's a pic of the bunny.

160012.jpg

Very cute rabbit Herm, I wish you all the best luck on your move...to Canada.

canada...while not the place i find entirely exciting, what is exciting is the fact that you get to pursue that phd! best wishes to you and your wife...and your bunny...and your plants. may your move be a smooth one and that you get situated fast!

?????????:0o:

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

We're driving up (with all our stuff). The bunny's name is Gwenni. She's a sweet little mini rex. I already know that I have to get the quarantine cert from our vet. The rabbit is the easiest part of this move. With the CITES permit, I think I only need an export permit from the USDA. The visa for the wife.... whoa!!!! Talk about monstrous paperwork! :censor:

Anyway, here's a pic of the bunny.

160012.jpg
haven't cared for rabbits since child hood, but hey i like her colors, since u like rabbits u must like chinchillas as well:-O

Hi there. Can you pm me your Addy again? I still owe you the esseriana and want to send it to you before you leave the states.

You won't be terribly far from me. I'm about 2 hours away and you're welcome to visit if you have an opportunity.

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

There's the Ontario Carnivorous Plants Society in Toronto.

Back