What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi there!:)

I had a little spare time today so I took some pictures of mostly drosera TC

drosera montana var. glabrata
dtomentosavarglabrata.jpg

drosera ascendens 'red form'
dascendensredform.jpg

nepenthes muluensis germination
nmuluensis.jpg

pinguicula vallisnerifolia
pvallisnerifolia.jpg

drosera admirabilis
dadmirabilis.jpg

drosera anglica
danglica.jpg

drosera peltata
dpeltata.jpg

drosera spatulata
dspatulata.jpg

Hope u like them!:)

Nice!

Question: how do you TC nepenthes? Do you take seeds and just raise them in the mixture, or I guess I don't understand how lots of people are growing the same "clone" of one genetic nepenthes because there's all sorts of small plants always being sold of one plant (like a BEXXX123 clone). Do you take a piece of leaf from the mature nepenthes, put it in solution, and lots of small plantlets start growing on the leaf or ???

Holy cow! You have some pretty rare plants there! and TONS of them! You're obviously very good at TC! I'd love to try this someday, once I get the money, and skill... along with some rare plants to TC. :D

well, it sure looks like you've formulated a medium that works!!!
incredible results!

klasac,
very nice!
Could you share your TC protocol?
Thanks,
Zero

I'm pretty sure that the roots of your spatulata in tc are larger than mine in the ground. They look like those fuzzy pipe cleaners.

Hi, thanx for the nice comments!

Thez Yo: It is quite challenging task to introduce nepenthes tissue into TC since it is very hard to sterilise, especially for the beginners. That is why most of the time the seeds, which are quite easy to work with, are introduced first. When they are successfully grown into plants, their sterile tissue is used for cloning without the need of sterilisation.

CPlantaholic: it is not just one medium, it is many. Each genus and often each species demaands a little different medium.

Zero & Massmorels: I use different variations in composition and dilution of Murashige and Skoog medium for drosera. For nepenthes and pinguicula, I use different 2 media of basal salts plus specific additives. Still working on the best modification and observing the results. Some failed, some work pretty well.

Ah, I'm jealous! I did some TCing a few years back but didn't have room to do very much and the few I did went bad with fungus or bacteria.

wow. You really have it going! I haven't tried any TC but I am sure it must be somewhat hard. Good Job with the TC.
--Jesse

Back