What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Programmable Timers?

Vbkid

Getting There...
So I got around today to sowing some more sundew seeds. My mother has given me a programmable timer she has never used, but didn't know how to set it when she gave it to me. I am wondering if anyone here can help.

It is not digital in any way, it just plugs into a socket and has another socket on it to plug an appliance into. It has (I think) 48 total tabs going around a 24 hour clock thing in the center. These can be raised individually, and the entire thing can be turned as well. Also, on the side there is a manual/timer switch.

If anyone has one like this that could be of assistance, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Kyle

They're pretty basic. The one on my fish tank is up is off and down is on. You could test it by moving them all either up or down, plug it into a lamp and spin it around.... if it's on then that way is on if it's off... that way is off... then you just move them according to when you want it on or off. Then set the time in the middle so the current time is where the arrow is pointing by turning it around to match.
Andrew

yea DITTO to what andrew said. i literally just did this not 30 minutes ago. u just raise the tabs (raise the tab at the 8 [am] mark and raise the tab at the 9 [pm] mark) that is setting from what time to what time u want the appliance on. then u just plug it in, test it by doing what andrew said (spinning it around). then set the time it is now in the middle display. u should be all set.

i have a programmable timer with backup batteries to save settings if power goes out and automatic daylight savings time detector things (i dont get it, but it has never let me down, its just a bit hard to use lol)

i have my timer set from 6AM to 10PM....

(raise the tab at the 8 [am] mark and raise the tab at the 9 [pm] mark) that is setting from what time to what time u want the appliance on

You need to raise all tabs between the times you want it on, so not just the 8am and 9pm (or whatever time you are using) If you do that, it will come on for 15mins at 8am and 15 mins at 9pm (each tab is 15 mins...)
Andrew

You need to raise all tabs between the times you want it on, so not just the 8am and 9pm (or whatever time you are using) If you do that, it will come on for 15mins at 8am and 15 mins at 9pm (each tab is 15 mins...)
Andrew

Actually, the tabs are 30 minutes each since there are 48 of them on his timer.

oh crap thanks! lol that was a close one good thing i stay up late =].

Working perfectly, so nice waking up this morning and not having to bother with anything!

Working perfectly, so nice waking up this morning and not having to bother with anything!

I started using timers because I went through two aquarium lights when the switches broke [ohhh, I hate it when people say that. I (SDCPs) BROKE THE SWITCHES!] with too much use. It was a switch-saver for me...but yeah, its worth it to use them!

Back