What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hate my life Round 3

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
and what a round it was..

Last night at 8pm my girl drank a 5th of vodka last night and FLIPPED OUT!! She trashed my house, and beat me all to hell. She went to jail for domestic violence and child endangerment. So.. needless to say I'm single. A bit bloodied and bruised, but I'm okay.

alcohol makes people do stupid stuff...
not going to tell you how to live your life, but that's one of the reasons why i dont touch the stuff (under most circumstances)

...mass, did you do something to bring so much bad karma upon yourself?

not trying to make light of the situations you've currently been facing...but man...you got crappy luck dude.

rub a buddhist's stomach, light some incence, go to church, help an old lady cross the street. do something.

i hope things get better from now on for you.

glad to hear your okay from last night.

Holy crap, I'm glad you and your child(ren?) are okay dude.

You can do a lot better than a woman like that. Seriously.

"I hate my life" isn't an appropriate subject, I don't think - not at this point. How about "The ***** that clearly shoulda gotten the hell outta my house long ago is finally gone"? No, wait, that's too long.

We'll work on it..

Well I congratulate you for turning your life around and kicking the habit. It's not an easy thing to do.

Partner abuse is serious stuff. You two need to seek professional help.

Being a child of a recovering alcoholic (30+ years) and a AA counselor (20+ years). It sounds to me you have just traded addictions (drugs for alcohol). This is very common with any addiction. My only advice is to clear your head completly. Stop doing ALL drugs! If not for yourself then do it for your child. This will be the only way to get your life back on track. No offence but i have seen you talk about your drinking habit and I would consider it an addiction and a problem. I'm not trying to down play you kicking your drug addiction, but I see that it has just been traded for alcohol. You are also the only one who can change it. If you've kicked a habit once you can do it again! I'm not a huge believer in karma, I believe more that life is what you create of it. The good and bad are all reflections of your actions in life. Please do not take this as a personal attack, because it is not. This is a friend trying to help a friend. You are the one whom has made your personal life public with these threads and the stuff said on the chat. I'm just making an observation of what I see, and telling you what I think of it. I'm always here to talk and discuss anything if needed.

I wonder why she beat you up so badly... was it something you did to her or something or was it just plain high and feel like beating someone and you're the first one comes to mind... I feel bad for you getting beat up. And you seems ok about it.. optimistic to the bad things in life :) thats a gift, Like you said.. hey its only 8 more years to go. when all trouble go away good things come.

Highly recommend Terraforum should have a blogging page. anyone with me?

I'm a social drinker Frill.. I past my breathalyzer when the cops were here. 0.00 all the way... Being a recovered addict, if I felt I had a problem, I'd seek help.

If you can rid yourself of a drug addiction, you can survive just about anything. You've had some rotten luck lately, but it will turn around, and you'll get through it. Keep your chin up!

things come in 3s....
lets hope this is 3 and now its over....

Oh Boy massmorels... As SK said, I hope thats three and the bad luck is out! For second there I thought you were talking about your daughter.

And congratualation on kicking a dangerous addiction, it takes someone very strong to do so.

guess i shoulda chimed in on round two with my standard "life sucks, get a helmet" comment, mighta done yah some actual good :D

BTW......my family tree is LOADED with alcoholics......been around some awful crap because of it.....got a twisted sense of humor bout it all..........

I'm a social drinker Frill.. I past my breathalyzer when the cops were here. 0.00 all the way... Being a recovered addict, if I felt I had a problem, I'd seek help.

The only person your lieing to here is yourself. I've seen you on here talking about finishing off your 2nd 40oz and moving to other beer. I have a hard time believing thats social drinking (chatting online while at home drinking). When I drink socialy I have 1 maybe 2 12 oz beers. Being a recovered addict you should know that doing any drug (including alcohol) is NOT recovery! This will only lead to more abuse.

As for passing your breathalyzer that night: that was only one night. Did you drink at all that night? How about after the cops left? There are two sides to every story, and we are only seeing the side you portray.

My early life was very similar to yours now. I thought everything was going wrong in my life and I just had bad "karma". The only thing that changed that was my decision to not be that person anymore. My life slowly started to change for the better. I attribute that to my actions and the people I surround myself with.

Again I'm here as a friend and not to tell you how to live your life. These are the things I see and think and are my opinions. I am in no way perfect either, just trying to pass on knowledge from experience. Things will not change in your life without you making the decision to change them. Also I'm not calling you an alcoholic either, Just try to prove a point that if you change that aspect of your life you WILL see improvements in your life.

I truly hope everything changes for the better in your life! It will require work from you to make it better though. Nothing in life is easy!

I believe heavily in karma.. I was a drug addict for 10 years. And I feel that I have 10 years of bad luck because of it. But hey.. only 8 more years to go.

if you truly feel that way then its not that bad because you have a lifetime of good coming your way. i feel that what you do unto others is the greater determining factor on your karma balance.

Try to remember that with the absence of the negative, there exists no positive. Has helped me tons to keep that in mind.

best of wishes.

That Karma comment sounds a bit backwards to me... yes essentially reap what you sow, however seeming as you turned your life around and admitted you had a problem I doubt Karma had such a huge role... then again I don't know what you've done in your life (and frankly it's not my business nor am I asking). Without meaning to insult anyone here is a page I refer to often when I have questions about Buddhism or anything to do with it. I don't have a sangha (or Buddhist community) anywhere I've been and Buddhism isn't exactly popular in the Army... http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/karma.htm#6

Back