What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Realization of Being Lost

More easily said than done rattler at least for a few more days. At least deployment will be over with and I'll be heading home. I'm hoping the fear is overridden by the excitement of it. And a Chaplain has an obligation to speak to a soldier's commander if he feels there is something wrong. But I agree I need to speak to him.

i guess i fail to see where the issue is......from the tone of your posts i fail to see where anything is going on that you should be concerned about any one talking to your CO......from what im seeing your have fairly normal issues with the stress involved in war.....i havent seen anything to suggest your looking to defy orders or any of that....you just seem to be having issues dealing with the stress and mental gymnastics associated with war and killing.....i havent seen you say a single thing to suggest there is anything outside the bounds of normal stress that happens with a good portion of our service men and women......

i fail to see anything outside what should fall as the "normal course of things" over there....you basically just need someone to vent on, in your situation a chaplain is a logical choice....

The reason it's more easily said than done is because I'm on a different FOB located an hour and a half away. This FOB (base) is tiny (1/2 mile all the way around). They have limited everything here and no chaplain so until I return to my FOB I can't speak with a chaplain. It just won't happen. Going through my chain of command isn't too hard considerin' I'm pretty close to my leadership but I don't want to speak to them about it.

Back