What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NYC - Tri-State CP group forming

• Thread starter Nikki630
  • Start date
Hi everyone

I and a few others are trying to form a NYC - Tri-state (NY,NJ,CT) CP group. We are looking at meeting somewhere in the Bronx, relativly near the NYBG (they are not interested) . Our first meeting is likely to be in May (specific date and location TBA)

If you are interested PM me or join our yahoo group at
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/NYCPS1/?yguid=192092697 .... or live large and do both

Hope to hear from you soon

Nicole

It's funny how snobbish NYBG can be... especially considering their big failure with CP's.
They tried and Failed! When I saw their attempt I thought to myself "this ain't gonna last" and they sure didn't want any help...

Anyways, might be a little less accessable but I'm pretty sure the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens would let us meet there. The people I've contacted in the past have been cool and genuine and they have all sorts of other club meets there like cosplay and whatnot. They had a bog last year from what I understand and maybe a few Neps too.
I think that would be the best place to meet for sure.

i can deffinatly make that trip...great idea

Heads up to folks within the NY / NJ / CT / PA? areas who haven't yet subscribed to the yahoo group. Nicole has called for the 1st meeting:
Good Afternoon all I am hereby calling the first formal casual meeting of the NYCPS Where ... The NYBG -- outside the conservatory When May 22nd 2010 12:30 PM

Although I am too busy at this time in life too perhaps make many meetings, I am interested and think this is a great idea. Will check out the yahoo group from home this weekend.

I wont be able to make it to this one becaues of school...but hopefully I can make it to the next one. Its great to finally have an official group in New York, thanks for all your hard work.

hey everyone, jsut joined the yahoo group as I've been in contact with scholaty about the meeting these past couple of days. Looking to come as long as I can get off work, either way, good to hear this group is trying to form!

Thanks for the heads-up RL! Hopefully it'll be a good turn-out...

Hopefully it'll be a good turn-out...
Me too - but even if only a few show up this time, I think the most important thing is to get it started. Based on what I hear from LACPS, BACPS & New England CPS - if you build it, they will come. I think we've just needed someone like Nicole to take the lead & start something. Big kudos to her!! :hail:

I'll probably continue my 'house-cleaning' & bring a few spare plants for folks - like one of my three blooming U. longifolia ...

Uh-oh, something came up and I might not be able to make it this time...I will certainly try though. After all, I am in NY and I do grow CP's!

Back