What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The three bears

• Thread starter NJnewbie
  • Start date
My dog was freaking out (he's a lil 20 lb mutt), so I go out on my deck and there's momma bear and 2 lil cubs. Unfortunately my camera wasn't handy so I didn't get any pics. I see bears all year long, but these were the first newborn cubs I've seen this year. The bears are common around here so hopefully I'll get some pics of the cubs. Awesome sight on Earth Day!

Cool! I've only ever seen a bear from a distance at the zoo.

My cats were making growling noises outside the other night and so I went to check and here was a raccoon eating my spring cactus. It wouldn't be too weird but I live on the second floor so I've never had one climb up to my balcony before. He keeps coming back every night so apparently spring cactus aren't poisonous! LOL

A friend lives up in the mountains nearby (the Santa Cruz range, for those interested), and she woke up one day to see every single cat lined up at the balcony window, perfectly still, and each one licking it's lips, thinking"ooooh, breakfast!" She looked out to see what was getting all that attention, and she saw a golden eagle sitting on the balcony rail, looking in at all the cats, and thinking "ooohhh, lunch!"

I have never, ever seen a wild bear. I've seen sign of cougars, and heard tales of a family of black cougars in the local mts, but.... I still have yet to see an elk, and I KNOW we got those!

ive seen black bears a few times here in Washington, and a couple cougars, though mainly in the mountain areas...we did have a bear in our neighborhood a month ago though....

When i stayed with my grandparents in Montana, bears were quite common in our area, a few grizzlys and a couple blacks....elk, deer, coyotes, all of that fun stuff.....
we have a lot of deer and coyotes out in the woods behind us....

and a couple cougars

I see cougars here all the time....especially in bars..... ;-)

Back