What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I put avocadoes in the NASC auction?

Lil Stinkpot

Lucky Greenhorn
Just that. Are there any regulations prohibiting it? I'd like to donate five or so very, very large 'cadoes off my tree.

NASC Benefit Auction 2010 rule #420: No avocados from San Jose will be permitted.
Just kidding. :) I read the actual rules; you can donate your avocados.

In terms of auction rules, there'd be nothing prohibiting you. In terms of shipping laws, not that I know of (checking google now). I hope you'll put them up -- I'm an avocado fan. ;)

So I found one website in Florida that wont ship avocados to "AK,AZ,CA,HI,LA,TX or Canada" but they don't list why... Everybody else seems to be fine shipping to all states.

California restricts shipping of most fruits from FL because of the Mexican and Caribbean fruit fly. Fruits from certain counties are allow with certification.

Fortunately, it's going to be leaving CA.

I'll get right on it. I'll post it after the weekend, these 'cadoes don't like to sit around much.

Yes, but the state they get shipped to may have their own restrictions on CA fruits and vegetables. Tell the bidders to check with their state before bidding.

Back