What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Spam: We could not deliver your package...

I don't know if any of you have received this email yet but I just did. It was supposedly DHL telling me they could not deliver a recent package I'd sent because it wasn't a valid address. I've never shipped anything via DHL (too expensive) so I knew it was spam. This email wants you to download a "tracking document"... LOL

Anyway, just a heads up for y'all.

LOL. Those wacky cyber criminals.

DHL is no longer doing business in North America, so that should be your first indication it is a phishing attempt.

Got it a week or 2 ago ...

Thanks Swords. Now I am prepared for this. Couple of months ag, I got some weird spam from "Yahoo" about an "account I had with them" I reported them on the spot and said it wasn't them. Good thing I always call before I summit anything. Watch out everyone.

Actually DHL does still have a presence in the US. I've had stuff shipped to me via DHL and I see their trucks on campus all the time. They just don't have a large market share anymore.

Spammers have used other carriers in the past; and when awaiting a couple FEDEX documents, I received some fake messages, asking for info that they would have already possessed.

I still cannot believe how freely people give out personal information . . .

I keep getting UPS, and also I just got a new one, it's about iTunes.

I've had that. I've also had threats to close my paypal account and I don't even have one. Recently, I've been receiving Emails from somebody claiming to be an old army buddy of his from Pittsburgh and apparently I'm in his wedding party. And guess what... he wants me to throw him a bachelor party. He's got my last name as 'Strausbaugh' and somehow he got my Email address. I've sent several Emails to the spam folder but he comes up with a new way of emailing me. How do I get rid of this idiot?

Just don't reply! Block his address....block every address he comes up with.

Eventually he'll get tired of it...if it's a person that is.

The easiest thing would be to get rid of your email address, but that has far-reaching effects.

Good luck!

I've had that. I've also had threats to close my paypal account and I don't even have one. Recently, I've been receiving Emails from somebody claiming to be an old army buddy of his from Pittsburgh and apparently I'm in his wedding party. And guess what... he wants me to throw him a bachelor party. He's got my last name as 'Strausbaugh' and somehow he got my Email address. I've sent several Emails to the spam folder but he comes up with a new way of emailing me. How do I get rid of this idiot?
05-08-2010 05:17 AM

I'll look into that.

Back