What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUW, intensively awesome

I just got back from camping. I saw some big d. rotundifolia, u. subulata, u. cornuta, and one top secret pitcher plant species. Also saw a bog orchid. I would rather this thread not come up in a google search. Please don't reply with the name of the pitcher plant.

I could smell the pitcher plant flowers from 20 feet away. I counted 50 flowers on one clump!

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

Last edited:
wow! Very nice! Are you sure some of the rotundi's aren't actually belezianas?

Pitcher in the photo looks kinda like a Nep pitcher!

I don't know Sarrs so I have no idea what species it is. Why would the species name need to be a secret?

Pitcher in the photo looks kinda like a Nep pitcher!

I don't know Sarrs so I have no idea what species it is. Why would the species name need to be a secret?

Because it's a federally endangered plant in the rubra complex...... starts with a "j".

That's more than enough for a hint. ;)

Very nice, Josh! Nice large spring pics in the wild. :hail:

wow those are some very nice plants, nice find

I see, but taking photos isn't illegal is it?

I see, but taking photos isn't illegal is it?

Well, no. I'm sure Josh has a valid reason for not wanting to post the name of the plant....... care to explain, Josh?

I can certainly see not posting the location or anything like that. LOL

Thanks for the kind words, it was a lot of fun to see so many carnies!

This is probably the largest, healthiest stand of these pitcher plants left. The hope is that this post will entertain a few of us TF'ers and then get lost in the internets. If we were to label the photos my concern is that it will inspire people to do a deep google search to find them. Antho free specimens of this species are extinct in the wild because of cp "lovers" like us, so I'm super cautious.

Lucky, lucky you. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Great pics. Looks like a healthy stand of 'you know what', and also looks like a soggy camping trip ;)

Nice job finding those utrics. They sure are tricky to find here around in Texas.

Those are nice photos and it's good to see those plants roaming free. However, I don't understand the need to avoid mentioning the name. I didn't see a "you are here" sign or GPS coordinates in any of the photos, so the photos don't lead anyone to the plants. If another post mentions where you went camping, that could be a problem if you provided enough detail and someone matches the two posts. Otherwise, I really don't see the problem. Am I dense? I'm glad my wife and daughter aren't nearby to answer that.

Thanks for the kind words Bruce! I've already addressed your questions. So I did a google search on YOU! The internets are a very powerful series of tubes. Beware!

Those are nice photos and it's good to see those plants roaming free. However, I don't understand the need to avoid mentioning the name. I didn't see a "you are here" sign or GPS coordinates in any of the photos, so the photos don't lead anyone to the plants. If another post mentions where you went camping, that could be a problem if you provided enough detail and someone matches the two posts. Otherwise, I really don't see the problem. Am I dense? I'm glad my wife and daughter aren't nearby to answer that.

Back