What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The life of a hell cat..

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
My little princess Mallory..

l_a8ab9fc6d4c647f7ac65bd609ee9c351.jpg

l_741718bc14504266930c4212c2e09eec.jpg

She enjoys getting plant packages almost as much as I do!!

100_3792.jpg

100_3854.jpg

100_3856.jpg

100_3855.jpg

100_3858.jpg

Roach Watching.. her favorite sport!

l_74a68cb6541c49b387790d0630e989bc.jpg

Nappy time..

l_378a5f8e2e5b4eb4b3d68a573696f9b0.jpg

l_36617472ab3b48de862886caf014dab9.jpg

100_3823.jpg

100_3820.jpg

100_3791.jpg

All hopped up on caffeine..

100_3919.jpg

100_3922.jpg

100_3920.jpg

Last edited:
wha? You have roaches? Feed em to your plants man! j/k they'd choke them. So, you have two cats...from the same litter? Do they ever go near your plants?

Darling pictures!

wha? You have roaches? Feed em to your plants man! j/k they'd choke them. So, you have two cats...from the same litter? Do they ever go near your plants?

I actually have 12 different species of roach. http://massmorels.com/roach_room.htm
I had 2.. Mickey and Mallory. But we had to get rid of Mickey. He kept pooping in front of the door everytime we left. Surprisingly, no.. she doesn't mess with the plants at all.

Named after the characters in Natural Born Killers, excellent! :D

Looks a lot like my Anna, when she was younger.

I've heard people say that only female cats can be tricolor anyone know if that's true?

Sweet!

I have four. One Siamese mix female, one silver mackerel tabby male, one mentally disabled (severely) Egyptian Mau, and one young tri-pod, semi-feral calico female. Socks, Squirt, Gidgit and Buttercup (I didn't name her!).

Squirt is always INTO something, usually something I don't want him into. He's always trying to get at his reflection in pot lids or my giant (empty) wine bottle. But he won't bother a mirror. May e he just likes the funhouse reflections.

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

I've heard people say that only female cats can be tricolor anyone know if that's true?

True. It CAN happen, but it is very, very rare. More rare, in fact, than a female orange tabby.

HAHA, one of my most favorite topics (sorry I'm a Bio major). In cats the gene for orange hair and the gene for black hair are both on the X chromosome. So if a cat has both black and orange hair then it must be XX and thus a female. There are circumstances that males are calico and their chromosome sequence is XXY, but they are very rare and sterile. The chance of having a male calico cat is about 1:3000. (So either garfield was a chick, or sterile!! :) )

Sorry, I'll get off my geek now. I just think that is very interesting. I have a male orange long haired kitten, a DSH calico kitten, and a long haired Himalayan mix cat. I also have 3 dogs...

Your cat is so cute! It sucks you had to give away her brother. I cant stand to have just one. A few years ago when we got our first cat, we got a 8 week old kitten, less than 2 weeks later we had to get a playmate for her. Last year one of our cats got out (we have all indoor cats), and she never came home (we lived where there were a lot of coyotes). So this spring we decided to get another kitten. Well my cat didn't like the kitten, so we had to get her a playmate too! So, now we have three.

Anyway, back to your kitty, she is soooo cute! I love when they play in boxes, so darling!

Cute cat! When I first read the title I thought it was going to be about World War II american fighter planes.

Thanks for the info Lil & Kupcake! So all orange cats can't be female?

yeah, we really want to get another one. But we tried it once before and the little princess wasn't having it. She's spoiled rotten as an only child and insisted on it staying that way. She's also strictly an indoor cat, even though she has all of her claws,

Thanks for the info Lil & Kupcake! So all orange cats can't be female?

Nope! Orange cats can be female. If a female cat is orange then both the X chromosomes have the O gene for orange. If one of their X chromosomes doesn't have the O gene, then it will be calico. So its more rare than calico, but not impossible.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

yeah, we really want to get another one. But we tried it once before and the little princess wasn't having it. She's spoiled rotten as an only child and insisted on it staying that way. She's also strictly an indoor cat, even though she has all of her claws,

Ya, once they pass 10 months, they can get really intolerant of others (our older cat is very intolerant!), especially kittens :p All of our cats have their claws too, I personally believe its inhumane to declaw cats and to put domestic cats outside (that is my own personal opinion). Good for you for keeping an indoor cat!

I personally believe its inhumane to declaw cats and to put domestic cats outside (that is my own personal opinion). Good for you for keeping an indoor cat!

I hold the same exact opinion.

I agree about the indoor/outdoor cat issue. My cat, Smokey has never been declawed and only uses his scratching post. BTW, mass, those roaches are way cool but a little creepy. Maybe knowing how well they would survive if we as a species didn't adds to that. Thanks for sharing these pics!

Roaches are good for you! Well, our carnivorous terrarium pets anyway. I haven't tasted a hisser or a dubia! :D

Yeah, cats seem to be fine if they were raised together When i got my little tuxedo cat (Flash) I also got his brother from the litter with him who was an orange tabby (Red). They played all day and night and then Red ate something while i was off at work and when I came home he was just about dead. I took him to the 24 Hour ER Vet who told me he could do an immediate exploratory surgery for "around $3000" but no guarantee he could get him fixed up depending what was wrong. So After a month or so of Flash being all alone I went out and adopted Anna but they don't run and play together like the two brothers did. They like to irritate each other but only rarely do they play and not wind up one mad at the other.

Mine go outside most of the day since I leave the sliding patio door open from about April - October. They run in and out and eventually figured out how to get down to the ground from the second floor balcony (by shimmying up/down the drainpipe). I buy my cats wheat/oat grass seed to grow and eat and they don't mess with my ornamental plants at all except my dwarf variegated Phalaris grass, they mowed that stuff down in a week! :(

Back