What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whie Deutsch Schäfer

After a lot of waiting and debating between two breeds, I finally decided to go with Blitz, a white German shepherd. At 8 weeks old he already is potty trained and stalks our other dog to death... I always knew they were smart but wow I am very impressed at how quick he picks up tricks and habit from our other dog.

30721_753435791678_20714884_42783985_2988324_n.jpg

30721_753435821618_20714884_42783990_2993687_n.jpg

30721_753437233788_20714884_42784110_4925544_n.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kal19QDNmvQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kal19QDNmvQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Cute! Is he a rescue? There are always lots of larger breed puppies at the shelter near me.

Oh the joy of life, no one will love you as they do , NO ONE !,, we just cant love so selflessly , thank god for such
creatures, and congratulations on the new family member.

Awww! :) What a playful little critter.

Sehr gut!

Remember -- show no fear . . .

Thanks all, no he is not a rescue. I contemplated getting one for the obvious reason of saving a dog in need but had to decide against that.
Wanting a bigger dog and wanting to get a rescue can is a shot in the dark and sometimes ends up worst then what was intended. You never know what conditions the previous owner raised the dog under and though societies usually filter out the overly aggressive dogs, they do sometimes get through. I also was afraid to get a shy rescue (I plan on being active with this dog) or one that would not get along with our first dog.
Getting him as a puppy was the easiest choice for our conditions but I do plan on making a donation to the shelter when we take the little guy to get neutered..
It always amazes me how these animals can show more emotions and affection than a person sometimes can without even saying a word...

4 weeks later:

Full size he will come in at around 120-140 lbs...

37217_763312189298_20714884_43189387_5816493_n.jpg

37217_763312194288_20714884_43189388_8075464_n.jpg

Last edited:
how do you manage to keep his coat white? his tearducts seem to be squeaky clean. how do you do it? or is that a problem with only toy dogs?

Such a sweet looking dog. My son has two shepherds, a black and tan and a solid white. They are great dogs when raised right. May he live a long and happy life with you

how do you manage to keep his coat white? his tearducts seem to be squeaky clean. how do you do it? or is that a problem with only toy dogs?

Yes his tearducts are squeaky clean! We have a maltese mix that cannot keep his clean so I believe it is a breed specific trait...
As for his keeping his coat white... (sorry for not replying to this part earlier) he gets a bleach bath daily. I kid, I kid! He is naturally white. Some associations (like the AKC) find white dogs that are naturally supposed to be colored to be unnatural and are un-eligible for show. He sheds like crazy though and has to be brushed daily and vacuuming has become almost a daily routine... It's a beautiful coat though.

Such a sweet looking dog. My son has two shepherds, a black and tan and a solid white. They are great dogs when raised right. May he live a long and happy life with you
He is solid white with caramel ears and tail, brought up under proper proper directions and command they are one of the most fulfilling breeds! Your son son is quite lucky to have 2 of these special dogs!

Last edited:
mine deutsch kurzhaar ist sehr gute!

IMG_0715.jpg

can say one thing bout the Germans, they knew how to breed dogs......even if Jake has the typical Teutonic thick skull......

also have a dachshund

Congrat's on the new family member!
Looks like he's gonna be a big huggable ball of fur!
:-D

Hey I saw that video at Michael Vick's trial!!!!!
The white dog won :p

very nice indeed Yann,
Av

Indeed he is Paul LOL He has his 2nd vet appointment this Saturday so place your bets now on his weight... The parents at the site weighed in at 120lbs (mama) 145lbs (papa). He is definitely going to be a BIG boy LOL. Special prize to whoever guesses the closest haha

Bah this dog is as harmless as a fly (so far) Butch. He's about as friendly as a dog can get, no problems with strangers or other dogs. I'm not too sure when their protective instincts are suppose to kick in but his absolutely hasn't yet!!

Thought this was too good to pass up on LOL He's 3 and a half months now and that's a 4ft long table... Took him to the vet last weekend, he DOUBLED in size/weight in about a month. He's gonna be a big one...

38050_768974152678_20714884_43392961_7730347_n.jpg

Last edited:
He's a real beauty, French! I'm so jealous. I want to get a shepard mix as my next dog, but I don't have the room right now. I REALLY like the white ones.

A Frenchie for Frenchez-

My little guy, Louie:

louienovember.jpg

brendansvisit030.jpg

What a good looking dog :) I take it Louie is a French bulldog? How old is he? If you're looking to get some shepherd as your next dog I'd recommend a full blood shep unless you're trying to get a smaller size breed. We don't have the room to accommodate ours but we're moving to a new place in 2 weeks with a full fenced in backyard.

Thanks,

Yes, French bulldog. Louie turned 3 in June. He's a very stubborn but SUPER loving and sweet dog. Not a mean bone in his body :-D.

Having dealt with the purebred costs I'd like my next dog to be a mutt, possibly a rescue. I do like the shepard mixes though. If I was going to get a purebred I'd probably get a white GSD like yours. They're a little more laid back than the "standard" GSD's from what I've read. Plus they're beautiful...

I'm glad you brought that up. Price wise, Blitz was more affordable then you'd think. Most GSD I saw were close to 800 - 1000 but searching out in the country (outside of Louisville) I found multiple offers for purebreds in the low 300-400s. I know that this is not in everyones budget but it was much more affordable for me. My main search was for a doberman but I had a VERY difficult time finding anything 800 - 1000. The only I am afraid of rescuing mutts is the temperament they've picked up from their previous owner. The cause is more than just but the risk sometimes is very heavy. You have a great looking french bulldog and I'm sure you enjoy his company and character as much as I enjoy my WGSD.

Yeah, you definetly get what you pay for. I searched breeders for over a year before I bought a "pet quality" dog from a breeder in the upper penninsula. We've had zero problems with him so far- both temperment and health wise. I paid $1600 for him. :crazy:

That's actually a good price. Bulldogs are prone to health problems (moreso with the 'english' variety than the frenchies) so you actually save money getting a good quality dog in the long run. You have a little more leeway with other breeds. Looks like you picked a good one!

Last edited:
Back