What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some sunday updates. (pics)

Hello, thought id join in and post some updates of my basement plants. (not including my sarrs, vfts and some dews.)

My pooch =)
IMG_1224.jpg

The Trio
IMG_1226.jpg

N.alata cutting (xantius)
IMG_1228.jpg

The low landers: N.hirusta, N.albomarginata, N.miranda
IMG_1229.jpg

D.capensis "broadleaf"
IMG_1230.jpg

Current propagation project
IMG_1231.jpg

Freshly opened N.spectablis
IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

Ceph. putting out pitchers weekly.
IMG_1233.jpg

H.minor
IMG_1235.jpg

H.nutans 3 growth points
IMG_1236.jpg

H.heterodoxa x minor
IMG_1237.jpg

H.heterodoxa
IMG_1238.jpg

D.prolifera flowering
IMG_1239.jpg

hope you enjoyed !

Awesome! Very nice setup, I'm jealous =)
It would appear as though our Albomarginatas were obtained from the same place ;)

Can't wait to see all the outdoor stuff! =P

Nice collection of just about everything! Do you know if cephs'll root in water just like chopped up 'dew leaves?

i think ive read somewhere on here that someone had success floating ceph leaves. right now i have a couple that i have in just some LFS. its been a month, still nothing.

i dont know if i am right on this, but i dont think that spectabilis is a spectabilis...

I agree with SK. That's not a spectabilis.

ive had my doubts to. i got it from lil stinkpot. what are you guys thinking ?

Great looking collection. Make me green with envy. Is is just RO water that you have the leaf cutting in? Do you do anything special for the cutting to get them ready for floating them like that. I see some dews at lowes on there "Save Me" section that are half dead that I would be interested in trying to take the remaining leaves and doing a float like that if it works well. Have you had good luck getting them to start rooting that way?

jeff it very well looks like it could be a copelandii, id need to see more of the plant, but if it were a species, thats probably a good guess, but it could be a hybrid so....

@james H. just simple as floating them in R/O, leave them for 3 weeks. then i check and make sure no algae. Around the 3 week time they start sprouting and before they root i pot them up in a peat/sand mix and put a layer of peat on top of them and then mist it to the base so they are anchored in to root nicely.

@SK. ill get some more pictures of the leaves and such up tomorrow. thanks for helping me with this.

:blush: There has been alot of discussion about the Nep formally known as spectabilis. I got it from an online store that was supposedly pretty good, but I guess there was an "oops" at the labeling department. I did not know this when I had the plant.

Now that I know, I'm kinda curious to see what it really is. Pretty, whatever it's named. :-O

kgrudz-Thanks for the tip. Now I will be even more tempted to pick up the $1 sundews at lowes and try to not save the whole plant but cut it up and get several new plants from it.

Back